Dr. James Van Horne MD Patient Reviews

March 10th, 2017
Perfect outcome
I had a very good experience (total hip replacement) from the first consultation to the post-surgery appointments. Dr. Van Horne is not only a very good surgeon, but is also a kind and funny man who spends as much time with you answering your questions, as you want.

March 9th, 2017
Don't forget to move!
The key to having a very successful hip replacement surgery is to be in good health and follow the exercise regimen closely. I am fortunate to know the joy of exercise and it paid off with pain free movement. It is now possible for me to climb stairs, attend yoga class and hike as often as possible. Being active is the answer!

February 16th, 2017
I would recommend Dr Van Horne to my family and friends for orthopedic surgery anytime. He is thorough in every respect and patients should listen and read his recommendations regarding pre surgery especially the preparation to avoid opioid induced constipation and the exercises he recommends pre and post surgery.

February 8th, 2017
Dr. Van Horne is highly organized with giving each patient very clear directions on pre-op and post-op education. He emphasizes the importance of exercise and I highly agree that this is the path to success before and after hip and knee replacement surgery. If you follow his directions you will have great success.

February 5th, 2017
Skilled and kind.
He is very skilled but equally important he is kind and compassionate.

January 19th, 2017
Great outcome on a hip replacement
If you are considering a hip replacement I highly recommend Dr Van Horne for his caring attitude and experience with this procedure. If you follow the protocol your chances for a successful outcome with be greatly enhanced. After only 6 weeks post op we went snow shoeing for a couple of hours and I am totally pain free. The most important part of the process is to take the pre and post op exercises seriously. You will be so much stronger if you exercise seriously which will speed you recovery greatly!

November 3rd, 2016
He is the best doctor that we have ever had. He replaced both my knees and did a complete hip replacement on Dona. We trust him more than any other doctor.

August 27th, 2016
Dr. Van Horne is #1
Excellent and positive experiences from before my hip replacements (both replaced 8 weeks apart) to where I am now (2 months post op - second hip replacement & 4 months post op from the first). Dr. Van Horne is kind and generous with his time, answering all your questions and encouraging you to follow his advice regarding exercises, personal care, and walking before and after surgery. I am already walking 5 miles and day totally pain free! His staff is great! Dr. Van Horne is the BEST!!!!!!!

August 15th, 2016
I recently had two hip replacement surgeries by Dr. Van Horne. I've had major surgeries in the past and this is by far the best experience. There is virtually no wait time in his office and the staff are friendly and expedient. The Grants Pass Surgery Center facility and staff are great as well! I've had a fast recovery and can finally walk without pain for the first time in many years. Dr. Van Horne, aka Dr. Van Hugger is an excellent surgeon and genuinely nice guy!

July 18th, 2016
Superior Surgeon - Super Human!
I have only awesome things to say about Dr. James Robert Van Horne! He is the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever met. Yes, he makes you prepare befor ...

July 14th, 2016
Patient
Dr Van Horne gave me my life back. He loves what he does and encourages his patients to help themselves by doing all of the prescribed exercises. At times it was very hard, but now almost 3 months later I am able to do things I haven't been able to do for the past three years. I could barely walk before my surgery and now You'd never know I had surgery. He loves what he does and this is one reason why he is such a great surgeon.I feel very lucky to have found him. I will always be thankful to Dr. Van Horne.

June 14th, 2016
got my life back
I visited Dr. Van Horne as a result of a failed rt. knee replacement from 5 1/2 years ago. after being told it is what it is I tried to make the best of it. But after taking three falls due to lack of mobility, I decided it was time for a second opinion. I was scheduled to see Dr. Van Horne in what I felt was an incredibly short period of time. First visit I was X-rayed given a course of exercises to follow to try and increase my flexion, I was measured at 70 degrees. No major change from this approach, so the decision was mine to make, no guarantees. I chose to go forward with surgery and hope for the best. Its been 8wks since the surgery and I am at 120 degrees and could not be happier. I guess the point to my story is no matter how minor or silly the pre surgical or the post surgical exercises seem there is a reason for them and if you go into the surgery strong you will no doubt come out strong. I was hoping for 90 degrees and here I am with 120, I can't thank Dr. Van Horne enough and all the staff at Paragon for giving me my life back.