Dr. James Van Horne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 3rd, 2016
He is the best doctor that we have ever had. He replaced both my knees and did a complete hip replacement on Dona. We trust him more than any other doctor.

August 27th, 2016
Dr. Van Horne is #1
Excellent and positive experiences from before my hip replacements (both replaced 8 weeks apart) to where I am now (2 months post op - second hip replacement & 4 months post op from the first). Dr. Van Horne is kind and generous with his time, answering all your questions and encouraging you to follow his advice regarding exercises, personal care, and walking before and after surgery. I am already walking 5 miles and day totally pain free! His staff is great! Dr. Van Horne is the BEST!!!!!!!

August 15th, 2016
I recently had two hip replacement surgeries by Dr. Van Horne. I've had major surgeries in the past and this is by far the best experience. There is virtually no wait time in his office and the staff are friendly and expedient. The Grants Pass Surgery Center facility and staff are great as well! I've had a fast recovery and can finally walk without pain for the first time in many years. Dr. Van Horne, aka Dr. Van Hugger is an excellent surgeon and genuinely nice guy!

July 18th, 2016
Superior Surgeon - Super Human!
I have only awesome things to say about Dr. James Robert Van Horne! He is the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever met. Yes, he makes you prepare befor ...

July 14th, 2016
Patient
Dr Van Horne gave me my life back. He loves what he does and encourages his patients to help themselves by doing all of the prescribed exercises. At times it was very hard, but now almost 3 months later I am able to do things I haven't been able to do for the past three years. I could barely walk before my surgery and now You'd never know I had surgery. He loves what he does and this is one reason why he is such a great surgeon.I feel very lucky to have found him. I will always be thankful to Dr. Van Horne.

June 14th, 2016
got my life back
I visited Dr. Van Horne as a result of a failed rt. knee replacement from 5 1/2 years ago. after being told it is what it is I tried to make the best of it. But after taking three falls due to lack of mobility, I decided it was time for a second opinion. I was scheduled to see Dr. Van Horne in what I felt was an incredibly short period of time. First visit I was X-rayed given a course of exercises to follow to try and increase my flexion, I was measured at 70 degrees. No major change from this approach, so the decision was mine to make, no guarantees. I chose to go forward with surgery and hope for the best. Its been 8wks since the surgery and I am at 120 degrees and could not be happier. I guess the point to my story is no matter how minor or silly the pre surgical or the post surgical exercises seem there is a reason for them and if you go into the surgery strong you will no doubt come out strong. I was hoping for 90 degrees and here I am with 120, I can't thank Dr. Van Horne enough and all the staff at Paragon for giving me my life back.

June 2nd, 2016
Dr. Van Horne provides his patients everything they need for a successful outcome of their procedure. He came highly recommended to me and I ditto that.

May 31st, 2016
Dr. Van Horne has replaced both of my hips and I am back to making stumps three months after surgery. Follow his physical therapy guidelines before and after surgery and you'll be back in the saddle again..Amazing... If I can do it so can you..

May 5th, 2016
What a miracle surgery!!
My husband had complete hip surgery. What a true miracle now a days. Had surgery at 4:30 p.m. and we went home at 10:30 a.m. The exercises that were required was worth every minute he completed them. 4 times a day 1 hour each time. also physical therapy weekly. All the walking 6 hours a week plus the exercising made the surgery easy and he was ready to get up and go. He had surgery on Monday and we went to Church on Sunday. We really like Dr. Van Horn great bed side manner and willing to take the time to answer any questions you may have. My husband did so well on the first hip he is having the second hip on 3 months later. Just follow the rules and you can do this also.

April 30th, 2016
Best care ever recovery awesome

April 15th, 2016
Dr. Vanhorne is the best! I highly recommend him for any hip replacement surgery

April 13th, 2016
Dr. VAN hORNE IS VERY THROUGH AND HE GIVES YOU ALL THE INFORMATION IN WRITING THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE A SUCESSFUL SURGURY. I FOLLOWED ALL OF HIS SGGESTIONS FOR RECOVERY AND MY KNEE REPLACEMENT WAS A HUGE SUCCEESS. I AM HAVING MY OTHER KNEE DONE NOW AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SAME SUCCESS.