A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Vander, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Diabetic Eye Disease Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, and Retina Surgery.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Vander graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Vander has 24 hospital affiliations:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vander accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Vander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James F. Vander practice?
Dr. James Vander practices Ophthalmology and Surgery near Glenside, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Newtown Square, PA and Philadelphia, PA.
See Glenside Ophthalmologists and Glenside Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Vander, Dr. Jacob Vander, Dr. Jacques Vander, Dr. Jaime Vander