A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Vander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Vander, Ophthalmologist, Retina is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Vander
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Vander Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Vander, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Vander graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Vander has 24 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James F Vander MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James F. Vander practice?
- Dr. James Vander has 5 office locations.
Dr. James Vander practices Ophthalmology near Plymouth Meeting, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Cherry Hill, NJ and Newtown Square, PA.
See Plymouth Meeting Ophthalmologists.