Dr. James Vawter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

February 28th, 2014
Responsive, Courteous, Knowledgeable, No Nonsense
Dr. Vawter is great. His appointments happen on time, he is personable, and he takes the time to explain things when necessary. The ability to contact him via email is outstanding. His staff is also pleasant and effective...I highly recommend him!

April 6th, 2011
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Vawter is "no nonsense" in getting to the medical problem of his patient, taking care of it properly, and doing all of this in a caring manner, with a well-run office.

October 25th, 2010
Dr. Vawter has been my private physician for 20 years...
Dr. James Vawter is one the finest and most knowledgeable physicians I have known in my lifetime. He is always up-to-speed on new medications that become available. He knows the good ones from the bad ones. He has been available via email 24-7 for a nominal fee. He is the most service minded Doctor a person could ever find. That is why he has been not only my Doctor for two decades but my entire family is under his care. I highly recommend his services.

June 16th, 2010
dr.vawter rating
once upon a time in mono co.calif.i was bitten by a spider.i was very sick with flu like symtoms.went to the e.r.& was treated by dr.wilson? i think.Two days passed,no better.worse.a dr.came in my cabinet shop for a bid.I was laying on my glue bench sick with my boot off.dr.vawter took one look at my foot& said BROWN RECLUSE bite.meet me at the e.r.The spider was resistent to 7 different antibiotics.finally he found the right one.Later i was told had it not been accuretley diagnosed i would have lost my foot.havent seen or spoke to him or his wonderful wife dr.Tierny since 1982.great people.great doctors

January 25th, 2010
Rude receptionist
Not only is she rude on the phone, like your disturbing her, she's rude in person. I have heard her talking to her son, a personal phone call and she was very threatening to him. I have heard her treat a patient curtly and rude. Dr Vawter and Tierney are both fantastic doctors, the receptionist...... not so much so.