Dr. James Verner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2017
Would Highly Recommend
Had a total hip replacement September of 2016. Was back to work after 2 weeks, no pain, unbelievable. I have now referred my brother to go and see Dr. Verner. Only decision that I would change is I would not have the nerve block done. That extended my stay in the hospital 1 day. Other than that everything went very smooth.

April 14th, 2017
Top Notch!
The entire experience from start to finish using the Joint Express Hip Replacement Program was phenomenal! I highly recommend! Dr. Verner' work is exceptional!

January 17th, 2017
THR
Incredible experience, I woke up after anterior total hip replacement surgery with no pain, walked with walker that day, went home next day. self ambulatory, no pain meds needed after 2 days. I have no reservations about doing my other hip.

September 8th, 2016
THE BEST DOCTOR WITH GOOD MATTERS AND TALKES VERY WELL

May 23rd, 2016
Dr. Verner, He is The Man for the Job!
Great doctor, specialists in his field. Shows concern for patients.

June 23rd, 2015
Great physician. I said years ago that if I ever needed a hip replacement ,he would be the one

January 16th, 2014
Dr, Verner did a total hip replacement on my left side using the anterior approach. I was walking and pain free the next day at Beaumont. Took a couple pain pills after surgery then only tylenol when needed. Used a walker for a few days now using a cane and it has only been 1 week. Care was great Dr Verner and associate checked on me each day and follow up by hospital is great.

January 14th, 2014
Outstanding Surgeon & Hip Procedure Technique
Very thorough, spent as much time As I desired to answer questions. His technique for full replacement hip surgery allowed for a quick recovery. Highly skilled, incision very small. Getting an appointment and scheduling is long given the high demand for this Dr. For me the ideal skilled surgeon available, but keep in mind if everything is good after your surgery you will see a physician's assistant as Dr Verner is busy with pre-op patients and performing surgeries, but his results so good that I can live with it.

December 15th, 2013
Afraid to use him again
I have had a terrible time. I had a hip replacement from Dr. Verner. I had popping noises when I went home to recoup. No one ever called me back from his office. When I went into his office for a 3 week review I was told I was fine and could go off my hip precautions. The popping noise was explained as staples popping out of my stomach. I had an appointment for Physical Therapy the following day and bent down to feed my dogs. The whole hip went out and I was sent my ambulance back to the hospital where it was put back. It is almost 2 years now and I still have pain, weakness and now have got to figure out where to go to have my other hip done. I do not trust this office. Very poor patient attention. Also after surgery I had a terrible back problem and was immobile with excruciating pain and this wasn't addressed properly. I was somehow blamed for this and they kept telling me this was a preexisting condition. And to add to my misery, Beaumont was the dirtiest hospital. I had to have my daughter get a broom and clean my room. I was sleeping on bloody sheets.

February 17th, 2013
Superior doctor
Had anterior total hip replacement. I was walking in fewer than three weeks, pain free within a month. Amazing doctor. He really cares about his patients.

September 19th, 2012
great results
I had the anterior incision for a total hip replacement and my recovery was speedy. I used a walker for about 4 days and then a cane for another 4 or 5 days and then I didn't need anything to help me walk. I didn't have the movement restrictions that you have with other hip replacements. I did not need pain meds after surgery at all.

August 28th, 2012