Dr. James Volpe DO Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2015
Bring your pajamas, catch up on your sleep if you can find a chair
Dr Volpe is a really good Dr. However his staff should be fired. They are the first people you deal with when your not feeling well or have a problem, and they make you feel worse. they act as if your bothering them and you should be grateful that they are listening to you, They are abrubt, obnoxious, rude etc. Also the wait is unbearable, in a small cramped office. Most of the time you have to stand up (no seats). There is no reason why they can't schedule appointments so that minimal wait time not 1 -2 hours. What gives with the extremely long wait times, its as if your time isn't important compared to the Dr. They should space the appointments out, and show consideration for people. It is a shame that such a good Dr can't make these changes and put an end to the bad reviews. MAKE THE CHANGES VOLPE, YOUR A SMART MAN, TAKE CHARGE OF THE SITUATION!!

August 22nd, 2011
No matter where you go for an appointment you have to wait, it is frustrating but there isn't much that can be done. The office staff is always courteous and helpful, they try to give the best appointments available and always have my documents ready when I need them. The doctor is attentive, thoughtful and always make time to listen to all my concerns. I would recomend to all.

June 18th, 2011
Please read
You are an outstanding doctor but the women in your office are completely rude and obnoxious. It seems as if anytime I call for an appointment or assistance I'm met with disrespect and utter ignorance as if I'm a nuisance to them. I honestly love coming to see you and or Kristen but at this point I'm frustrated with the staff the wait is unbearable and the lack of professionalism with their way of treating patiences is heinous. The reason I'm writing you is simply to remain anonymous due to the fact of constants harassment put on by your staff, it would mean a lot to myself and many others if you would address the issues that have been brought to your attention in this letter and in many others. I do not wish to change my primary care taker which is yourself but it has been a rough ride with the staff so please take this in to consideration and address your staff if not replacements would be a great update to all your loyal patients. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully these issues will resolved.

May 25th, 2011
I have had an awful experience with the desk staff at this doctors office. They are incompetent and one in particular very unprofessional. Since my husband changed jobs unfortunately we now have an HMO so I have to get referrals frequently. Every time I called for one I had to follow up because I would be informed when I would show up at my scheduled appointment or if I received a phone call from the specialist I was going to see that they didn't receive it. This happened EVERYTIME!!!!! When I vented my frustration to Dr. color he spoke to me as if I were his friend ( not very professional). He assured me he would take care of it but it kept happening. I was and still am going through physical therapy and need to keep getting referrals. I also have two young children which made this that much more inconveniant. My good girl friend had been going to him for years and when I told her what was going on she said she has the same problem with the stupid staff when it came to prescriptions. I have recently made the switch to a new wonderful doctor with a more than competent desk staff that don't hang up on you. My girl friend has also left his practice and is now seeing her husbands doctor. Overall the worst experience I have EVER had with the unprofessionalism of staff and doctor and again very incompetent staff!!!!! I could go on buy I think you get the just of my unpleasant experience. Good riddens!

December 6th, 2010
Go somewhere else
This doctor will pretend to be your friend and rip you off. He does not drug test you when starting a medication that requires it (illegal). All he cares about is that you come in, as often as he can make you, to pay his office which in turn pays for his expensive car and designer jeans. That was my experience, going to him for almost a year. He'll give you just enough to keep you well, and don't dare ask for dosage changes or he will get mad at you! Find another doc, unless you're rich yourself and money is no issue.

March 29th, 2010
My life at the doctor's office
You always have a long wait at this doctor's office. The appointments start at 9:00 a.m. but he doesnt arrive until 10. You call the staff for a referral and when you get to your appointment, you find out that you dont have that referral. Or, when your pharmacist calls your doctor to get refills on your prescriptions and they don't get back to them for a couple of days, or sometimes a month.

July 7th, 2008
great family doctor
its refreshing to have a doctor who cares who you can talk to and who knows about the meds he prescibes

May 24th, 2017