A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Childs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Childs
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Childs Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Childs, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
Education & Awards
Dr. Childs graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Childs has 4 hospital affiliations:
- St. Francis Hospital Downtown
- Greenville Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Wesley Childs MD is a male Surgeon, has 48 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James W. Childs practice?
- Dr. James Childs has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Childs practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Greenville, SC.
See Greenville Surgeons.