Dr. James Dean MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Tulsa, OK

April 4th, 2017
Doctor is clueless
He told my my episodes of Perseveration on the phonemic level With persevered auditory comprehension were just stress and that when my lips turned blue in an episode that I was just dehydrated

April 18th, 2016
Dr seems genuine but long waits for appointment and tired of waiting in exam room. Walked out of office with out seeing him. Nursing staff weren't very pleasant to deal with.

March 26th, 2016
Dr. Dean AMAZING NEUROLIGIST, EXTRODINARY HUMAN!
Dr. Dean is an amazing neurologist as well as a very compassionate human being! I had an appointment with him many years ago and I had lost my insurance. I was extremely worried about the cost. Dr. Dean actually paid for my visit that time out of his own pocket!!!!!!!!!! I have always been very pleased with Dr. Dean! I will NEVER see another neurologist!

October 24th, 2015
I went to him for the first time for myoclonus. He was very helpful and is sending men for a second opinion in Tx. I meet with him in four weeks.

July 23rd, 2015
Very disappointing
Asked very few questions about my history ( I have a brain injury ). Really acted like I was not worth his time. I had been having reoccurring migraines, so bad I had been in the hospital three times in one week. Did no testing, Sent me home with nasal spray. Seriously. Found another neurologist who did several tests and found my trigger for the migraines. Never called or inquired about my status afterwards either.

June 19th, 2015
The clinical assistant I had was not sure of what she was to be doing. I felt disinterest from her in the answers to my questions and do not feel she had a good grip on what was happening with me. Very uncomfortable having to work with her considering I am receiving Disability pay through my insurance company and things need to be done promptly and competently. The Doctor himself, was wonderful and really listened to me.

March 16th, 2015
Awesome Dr.

March 9th, 2015
Horrible office staff.
The office staff are rude and seem to care very little about the patient care or customer service at all. I thought the physician was very kind and professional but the lack of professionalism of his staff dump his rating in the dirt.

July 8th, 2013
14 months and still no help
bad

July 3rd, 2013
Poor
I have had my next medicine for MS for over three weeks. The office will not put me through to a dr nor do I receive any return calls. The staff is rude, short, and put out that you are bothering them. I have been told that once you request your records or they "hear" that you might be looking into another dr they flat drop you.

May 13th, 2013
Positive experience with doctor
Doctor was attentive with a good bedside manner. He was spot on with diagnosis, referrals, and medications. I would recommend him to others. Scheduling of appointments is not easy. The waiting time tends to be months rather that days or weeks. Office staff/telephone receptionists are short on common courtesies such as "please" and "thank-you" and seem to be somewhat annoyed with having to deal with patients in general. They definitely could use some customer service training. Bottom line is the doctor is good, but support staff and waiting time... not so much.

November 28th, 2012
I choose my insurance around this guy
Dr. Dean was chosen by my neurosurgeon to care for me in 1999 after I began to have some unique responses following surgeries to repair my brain aneurysms. He has stuck with me as I am after recovering my vital mental health after many trying experiences, including suffering from a brain tumor. Trying to find the right medications and then adjusting them to optimal levels takes time, patience and caring.