Dr. James Gerard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Gerard?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. James Gerard?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 20th, 2013

The Best of the elite!

Dr.Gerard is the best of the elite doctors our family had ever encounted. He sincerely cares about his patients and cares about the ENTIRE patient. Not just his specialty. He takes the time out at the beginning of every appointment to allow you to discuss any concerns or questions you have (even if it is not the sole source of your visit) before he begins begins his portion. It is an honor tto be a patient of Dr. Gerard for 18+ years! He is an elite class of all doctors world wide. Professional medical teams can learn a lot from Dr. Gerard and his team. God Bless you Dr.Gerard! Our family is grateful to you and your team!

October 7th, 2011

Has been my doctor for over 12 years

March 9th, 2011

On-call doctor while I was in preterm labor.

I called the doctor when I started having contractions and told him I was about 20 weeks and that I had been on strict bedrest because they found I was dilated 2cm 3 weeks before. Dr. Gerard told me to "Drink water and keep your bladder empty and hopefully it'll go away" (this was around 12:30am). My husband and I both felt like it was a bad idea to stay home and hope for it to go away. So we called him back and told him we were going to the hospital and he said he would call and let the hospital know we were coming. On our way to the Holland hospital my contractions were about 3 mins apart and starting to get closer and my water broke. When we arrived at the hospital no one knew we were coming and no one believed I was in labor. I gave birth to my daughter (who sadly didn't have a chance this early of gestation age) while the nurses ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. A few minutes before I delivered my daughter one nurse said she just called the doctor to tell him to come in. When Dr. Gerard finally arrived he came in, had the nerve to ask "So things got worse after we talked on the phone." no they weren't worse I was in labor then and I just delivered my daughter. He then immediately starts to dig my placenta out, not sure why since I am pretty sure I could feel it working its way out. Anyways, because he wanted to get in and out so he could go back to bed I had to watch my husband crying on the other side of the room because our daughter had just died in his arms while Dr. Gerard felt around for the placenta. The reason my husband was not by my side is because I had a nurse on each side trying very hard to get an IV in my hand.I am really disgusted with my experience with him. The whole hospital made an already difficult situation even more horrible.

July 26th, 2010

Dr. Gerard makes you feel like you are his only patient. He is kind, yet authoritative, making it easy for you to understand what choices are best for your situation and your body.

May 17th, 2017