A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James May:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James May is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. May
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. May Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Facial Wrinkles and Lines
Wound Care and Non-Healing Wounds
Specialties & Research
Dr. James May, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Finger Injuries
- Forearm Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
- Ununited Fractures
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. May graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. May has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Warren May MD is a male Plastic Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Plastic Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James W. May practice?
- Dr. James May has 1 office location.
Dr. James May practices Plastic Surgery and Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.