A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James W O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James W. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Manchester, CT.
See Manchester Internists and Manchester Gastroenterologists.