A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Brien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James W O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James W. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. James O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. James O'Brien practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Manchester, CT.
See Manchester Internists and Manchester Gastroenterologists.