Dr. James Orr Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2017
Great reputation
I would not recommend Dr. Orr. He was very pleasant until he forgot to perform a required procedure. He didn't have expertise in my POP specific problem but was ready to do surgery. Part of his surgery plan was removing the uterus when not necessary, even detrimental to the outcome in many experts opinions. He recommended a test not necessary but if ordered should have been with another complimentary test. No confidence in this man.

April 1st, 2017
If you want the best care possible Dr, Orr is who you should have in your corner .
The care was professional yet compassionate. He is everything you would want before after and during surgery.

September 6th, 2016
1st visit
Very caring and direct. Privacy after the exam, sitting down and speaking frankly with the physician. Understanding my options. Collaboration when it comes to my needs regarding other health concerns is top notch. He and his staff are wonderful.

February 8th, 2016
Dr. Orr is wonderful. He is a gynecologic oncologist. A few years ago, as the result of a gyn exam, and subscequent additional testing, the results appeared to be cancer. My gynecologist, Dr. Murray, referred me to Dr. Orr. The morning of the surgery, both doctors visited me in the pre-op room, upbeat and with smiles, letting me know that they would get me through this. Although every indication pointed to cancer, the biopsies were negative. I will never forget his careing through this whole ordeal. God Bless him and Dr. Murray

October 11th, 2013
Follow Up Visit and Return Calls
I recently had a operation by Dr. Orr 6 weeks ago. I was to have a 6 week post op visit but it was cancelled for 3 more weeks out. I called and left a message with the nurse with several personal questions I had and never received a call back. Every time I call I do not get a call back for at least 2 days or in this case 1 week. They are horrible when it comes to calling patients back and scheduling follow up visits sooner!! How can you have someone wait 9 weeks for a post op follow up visit!!! THIS CRAZY!!! Thank God it's not a life or death situation that I was calling about!!!

August 29th, 2013
RN
Saved my mothers life. His knowledge and experience helped our situation when complications occurred . He helped ease our fears. Plan B was started and mom doing well. Would highly recommend.

February 2nd, 2013
He acted promptly and saved my life

November 11th, 2012
I really don't even know where to start. This man has destoryed my life. He operated on me and made a very big mistake and because of not following up with his patient, it nearly cost me my life. Yes by the grace of God I am alive even though everyone in the medical field only gave me a 1% chance at life. This man has left me with severe disabilities. PLEASE!!!!! beware of this guy. And I would STRONGLY think twice before using him. There are so many better doctors out there just wish I never met this man. But I am very careful to the doctors that did help me after Dr. Orr screwed me up.

December 7th, 2011
The best
Dr Orr helped ease my concerns after being diagnosed with cervical/unterian cancer. Very caring yet open and honest. Nothing but good things to say about him.

June 12th, 2011
Dr. Orr ruined my life
Dr.Orr is a butcher. He is also a liar. All he is interested in is your money. He makes claims that he does NOT keep. He performed a routine surgery on me and he left me with a hole in my small intestine. he claims that he is not responsible because he did not see it at the time of surgery. Needless to say within 48 hours I went into septic shock. He did not talk to any family or the patient for 2 days after the initial surgery. I ended up in the Hospital for 99 days and was left with permanent nerve damage and a compromised abdomen. he sent me out of the hospital with 3 huge pieces of my intestines on the outside, emptying into a 4 inch ostomy bag. I also needed I.V. nutrition for 10 months. He hides behind the fact that he says because injury to the bowel is a risk, that he is not responsible for the outcome. 35 yrs experience or not, he will still makes mistakes. Although he will never take responsibility for it. He has a God complex. THIS IS A WARNING -BEWARE BEFORE YOU USE DR. ORR TO PERFORM SURGERY ON YOU!!!!!

January 29th, 2011
FROM THE TIME WE GOT TO THE FACILITY TILL WE LEFT WE WERE TREATED LIKE FAMILY. I WAS SCARED BUT THEY MANAGED TO CALM MY FEARS. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO EVERYONE.

July 15th, 2010
Best surgeon you will ever find...
top in his field and exudes confidence, yet compassion and hope. Patients go to him when other doctors have been unable to help. He runs a good office with competent staff and one of the cleanest office buildings you will find. Cancer sanctuary building is beautiful and very well planned. A pleasant environment to receive chemo with very caring nurses. He is very professional and requires the same professionalism of his fine staff. There is no doubt this man saved my life. I am a Stage III C Ovarian cancer patient and with his guidance and care hope to continue to be a long-term survivor.