A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Patterson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Patterson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Patterson, MD is board certified in Dermatology and Dermatology - Dermatopathology.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Benign Connective Tissue Cancer (Fibroma)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Infectious Skin Diseases
- Lichen Planus
- Localized Scleroderma
- Nevus (Hereditary Skin Malformation)
- Opportunistic Infections
- Pigmentation Disorders
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Patterson graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Patterson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Johnston Memorial Hospital
- Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Willis Patterson MD is a male Dermatologist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Dermatology and Dermatopathology.
- Where does Dr. James W. Patterson practice?
- Dr. James Patterson has 1 office location.
Dr. James Patterson practices Dermatology and Dermatopathology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Dermatologists.