A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Thompson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Thompson, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Thompson has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Willis Knighton Bossier Health Center
- Willis Knighton Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thompson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans