A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Thompson is Good. Dr. Thompson has been reviewed by 14 patients who have provided 9 comments. The rating is 3 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Thompson, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.More Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Willis Knighton Bossier Health Center
- North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thompson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James W. Thompson practice?
Dr. James Thompson practices Family Medicine and Psychiatry near Shreveport, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Glen Cove, NY and Bossier City, LA.
See Shreveport Family Physicians and Shreveport Psychiatrists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Thompson, Dr. Jaime Thompson, Dr. Santiago Thompson, Dr. Jacques Thompson