Dr. James Thompson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 29th, 2013
Good doctor. Awful staff.

May 19th, 2013
HE IS THE BEST IN SHREVEPORT, AND FOR MILES AROUND
I have been using DR THOMPSON since he started practicing sometimes in the early 80's Dr Thompson literally saved my life due to heart problems.. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a DR who truly cares for his patients Dr's like Dr Thompson don't come along very often. This man is a 10+ in my humble opinion.

September 11th, 2012
I have been going to see Dr. Thompson for about ten years. Before I started seeing him, my health problems were unmanaged. I was going to see all different specialists who gave me all kinds of drugs that were not correcting my problems. Dr. Thompson figured out what my real problems were and medicated me appropriately (without using narcotics) and allowed me to resume a normal working life. Prior to seeing him, I was almost completely unable to work at my chosen profession of nursing. My husband would never see a doctor before going to see Dr. Thompson. Now, he doesn't mind at all. His down to earth nature makes him feel welcome. In fact, he treats both of my children and many of my sisters. I would not recommend a doctor to my family that I don't believe in myself. He is thorough and thoughtful with every decision regarding our care. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Excellent Family Doctor
Dr. Thompson is quite knowledgeable and takes great care and concern when evaluating problems or potential problems. He is very focused when diagnosing. As one who detests doctor visits I found him to be very comfortable to talk to and I don't get that "white coat fear" with him. I would highly recommend him as an excellent primary care physician.

Excellent caring and diagnois
Dr. Thompson has been my primary for 4 years...he has seen me thru breast cancer and recently heart disease...I have always found him to be extremely nuturing and he goes into great detail in words I can understand...his follow thru saved my life on my heart situation.He treats his patients and his staff with the utmost respect.

September 10th, 2012
Dr. Thompson has been my primary care physician since the early 80s. I have always found him to be very through and very accurate in his diagnosis. He does not hesitate to recommend a specialist if he thinks one is necessary and my experience has been that his initial diagnosis has always turned out to be the same as that of the specialist. He is very caring and always puts the best interests of his patients first.

September 7th, 2012
MIKE SPENCE
DR. THOMPSON ALWAYS TREATS ME WITH RESPECT AND LISTENS TO ALL OF MY ISSUES. AS A RECENT HEART ATTACK VICTIM, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED MANY NEW PROBLEMS THAT HE IS HELPING ME THRU.

August 11th, 2012
Does not talk to you, tells you next to nothing.........

August 10th, 2012
While the office staff and Dr. Thompson were very friendly and going to their office is convenient and usually does not take very long, I would not recommend him for serious health problems. I don't think he is very proactive in ordering tests or in preventative care. I am looking for a new doctor because I feel that his taking three months to finally order an ultrasound for a medical issue caused me prolonged pain and a worsening of the condition for which I had to have a surgery.

March 22nd, 2012
good familey doctor
Very concerned, he will send you to a specilist if need be.