Dr. James Walentynowicz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 11th, 2010
patient
Dr. Walentynowicz accurately diagnosed my broken ankle and torn ligaments. He did surgery to repair it. It has been 2 years now and my ankle feels great. I have played sports again and recently started jogging. Now I'm starting to get concerned about a previous knee injury. I will definitely have Dr. Walentynowicz check it out.

March 2nd, 2009
Misdiagnosed
I tweaked my knee playing racquetball and went to see Dr. Walentynowicz. I had x-rays and an MRI done and was diagnosed with a torn meniscus. His recommendation was basically endure it the way it is until you want to have surgery to fix the meniscus.This didn't sit well with me so I went to see another Ortho in Indianapolis. He spent 30 seconds looking at the MRI and x-rays and showed me the problem - early osteoarthritis. Basically the joint space had narrowed and had pushed my meniscus outward (described as bulging in the MRI reading) and that when it bulges, it has to tear. Its tied on both ends so small tears are what it has to do.He gave me a regiment of flexion exercises to do and taught me how to manage the condition. Knee is doing great.