James N Wallace MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 9 reviews

September 12th, 2016
Loved this surgeon
It's not often you have a surgeon who cares, and is as qualified as James Wallace. Being comfortable other your surgeon is important. I trust him.

June 13th, 2016
If only all doctors could be as attentive and compassionate as Dr. Wallace

June 23rd, 2015
Happy Patient
Recently had surgery by Dr. Wallace. Very satisfied with everything. Very professional and friendly. I'm healing nicely.

January 27th, 2013
This Doctor sat and listened to my problem. He gave me some possible solutions and guidance to which Doctor I should go to next. Great.

March 3rd, 2011
i am very unhappy with the results of my surgery.

December 22nd, 2010
Excellent & Caring Surgeon
I was referred to Dr. Wallace by the 4th gastroenterologist I have seen in the last year for recurrent severe abdominal pain. The diagnosis was a partial small bowel obstruction. I thought at my initial visit that Dr. Wallace was arrogant, but I completely changed my opinion of him by the end of the visit. He is very confident in his abilities, and I misinterpreted his confidence as arrogance. He told me the chances of being able to laparoscopically repair the SBO were less than 20%, and he would start out laparoscopically but would probably have to convert to an open incision. The day of my surgery, I was almost crying immediately before being wheeled into the OR, and he took the time to comfort me and tell me everything was going to be OK. He far exceeded my expectations and was able to do the entire surgery laparoscopically. I had numerous abdominal adhesions, and he removed all of them. I feel so deeply greatful for his expertise & skill as a surgeon, but even more for his caring and compassionate attitude towards me. At my followup visit after my operation, he took the time to show me pictures of my insides and explain exactly what he did and why. Because I have many other health conditions, it was so much better for me for the surgery to be done laparoscopically, and he took the time and effort and had the skill to be able to do it laparoscopically. I was also very concerned about adequate pain control post operatively, and he completely reassured me that he would make sure my pain was managed, and it was. I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.

June 11th, 2010
He saved my life! I went to him for a second opinion when I was told I had DCIS. If it wasn't for him I would have been in big trouble. The first Doctor only wanted to remove one lump and not worry with the other. Even though I was worried about it. But, Dr. Wallace asked me what I was concerned with. The other lump ended up also have DCIS and when he went in I was already at stage 2. I hate to think of what would have happen if he wouldn't have went in. He is the best!!

November 27th, 2009
Dr. Wallace first became my physician in 1979 when I was accurately diagnosed by him with infiltrating cell carcinoma at the age of 32. He is the most well-informed, highly recommended by esteemed collegues, compassionate, knowledgable and the best surgeon I have ever encountered. Over the past 30 years he has performed numerous tumor surgeries on me - from 2 lumpectomies, a modified radical masectomy, hysterectomy, thyroidectomy, to simple begnine mole removals. I have referred many patients to him, including my mother. He is the best, bar none, he is the best. I told him long ago I intended to be his longest living survivor of cancer. Thanks to his expertise, he has made that dream a reality for me!

September 24th, 2009
A caring physician
Dr. Wallace was extremely thorough about handling my case through the last two plus years starting with the surprise discovery of DCIS through the recent mastectomy. He genuinely cares about me as an individual and respected my desire for information and a say in appropriate treatment.