Dr. James Wasson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Wasson?

May 31st, 2017

I think that DR. Wasson is a wonderful and caring doctor. I have been going to him for years and he has made sure all of my medical issues have been taken care of and follow up appointments to make sure that everything is still okay. I hope he continues to be my doctor for a long time.

January 19th, 2017

Dont do it!!

Dr.Wasson told me that I had a mass coming out of my cervix and it was probably CANCER! He offered no further test, no explaining anything just procedures that he could do cheaper in his office compared a hospital..since I was a cash paying patient. Once my pap results were in I was told to schedule for a procedure, didnt tell me what it was or why I needed it besides my pap results were abnormal. I didn't feel right about it so I got a second opinion.. low and behold NO MASS in my cervix. Lying creep!!! He wont get anymore of my money.

June 5th, 2015

I worked for this man for almost 18 years. He taught me so much. In reviewing other physician's records over the years, no one else does for their patients like Dr. Wasson does. He is extremely intelligent and follows ACOG guidelines to the "T." He once told me, "When a patient has a bad outcome with their baby, I want to look in that mama's eyes and know that I did everything I could have have possibly done." In those 18 years, I never saw a bad outcome that was caused by him. EVER!!! He really is an awesome physician.

May 19th, 2015

I went to Dr. Wasson for my very first pregnancy - it was a miscarriage - I was pregnant a second time and I choosed to go to him - at that time I had medicaid there were other Doctors in the same city accepting patients with medicaid but I chose to go with him because of the care I recieved with my miscarriage - I had to deliver in Henderson - but It didn't matter to me as long as I felt comfortable and felt like I was being taken care of - as early as 5 months my little girl was breeched and she would never turn up until the last month - he suggested I have a c - section and I agreed - delivered in Henderson with Dr. Zeid and was very happy with the hospital and staff - I also went to Dr. Wasson for my second pregnancy 1 year later - and had the same great experience - I haven't had a child in 7 years but WOULD go again even if I have to deliver in Longview - I would have to drive almost an hour away for my visits and to deliver but its worth it! People will have negative comments about him - but regardless of what they say he is awesome! Not every doctor is prefect - everyone always has issues with one - NO ONE IS PREFECT!

January 31st, 2014

One of the worst experiences I have ever had within the past 20 years. There is a reason it is so easy to get an appointment. Proceed with caution.

November 26th, 2013

The ONLY doctor I TRUST with my pregnancy care. NO ONE else compares.

I have been a patient of Dr Wasson for 8 years now and he has seen me through 6 of my 9 pregnancies. He cares about his patients and does what he feels is best for not only them but their unborn children. I do not trust my care to anyone BUT him, and I do mean the word TRUST in every way possible. He is very professional and my husband and I have lots of respect for him. I will drive the 40 miles to see him because I know with him my little one is in goods hands. We love you Dr. Wasson.

August 15th, 2013

Would not recommend

Switching to medicaid left me with few options for an OB so I ended up with Dr. Wasson - It was a red flag when he started the appointment by saying 'if you hear anything bad about me from other doctors in Tyler it's not because I'm not good, it's only because I send my patients to Longview' ... I'm convinced there's other reasons. I refused the pap smear he wanted to do since I had one just a month earlier, I wouldn't take the iron he prescribed before even checking my iron. Luckily this was my 2nd pregnancy so I had an idea of what to expect. The worst of it was in my 2-3 appointments his 'jokes' were often very sexual especially without my husband there. I was very uncomfortable there and begged my former OB to take me in even though they weren't accepting medicaid and they agreed after learning I was seeing Dr. Wasson. I wouldn't recommend anyone going to this practice. I'm sorry I did.

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate when people write things that can be harmful to a professional career and are untrue. Most internet postings do not warrant a response.This is one that does. This patient was unhappy at the onset of her care because her OB doctor would not see her. She said her doctor would not accept her because she had medicaid. In fact I told the patient I felt sorry for her being placed in this situation and that I had seen a number of patients under similar unfortunate circumstances. The patient states that she ignored my recommendation to take iron because I had not checked her iron level. The patient cites her knowledge because she had delivered one child. The World Health Organization and The American College of OB-GYN recommend supplemental iron for all pregnant patients.( ACOG Practice Bulletin #95) Iron supplements improve maternal and fetal outcomes. Iron supplements reduce risk of maternal anemia and are linked to lower rates of asthma ( Annals of Asthma and Immunology Feb 2011 ). Over 90 studies using 2 million pregnant women have proven that iron supplementation is good. Drawing an iron level is not routinely recommended and was correctly not performed. Pap smears are also usually a part of the first prenatal visit. There is a shortage of Ob-Gyn doctors who accept medicaid in Tyler. This shortage leads to problems. I do not intend to discriminate negatively against patients who have or get medicaid. It is my opinion that nothing I could have done or said would have made this patient satisfied.

SHOW

April 27th, 2013

Dr Wasson rocks...best doctor I've ever had! He's very professional and respectful. Dr Wasson is very down to earth and extremely funny! Mr Wasson had great advice and is very much concern for your health as Well as your unborn child! I can honestly say that Dr James Wasson is the best and I'll Never forget him so with that being said...thanks for taking care of me and my unborn!!

April 18th, 2017