Overall Review

3.0

no change

June 4th, 2015
I worked for this man for almost 18 years. He taught me so much. In reviewing other physician's records over the years, no one else does for their patients like Dr. Wasson does. He is extremely intelligent and follows ACOG guidelines to the "T." He once told me, "When a patient has a bad outcome with their baby, I want to look in that mama's eyes and know that I did everything I could have have possibly done." In those 18 years, I never saw a bad outcome that was caused by him. EVER!!! He really is an awesome physician.

May 19th, 2015
I went to Dr. Wasson for my very first pregnancy - it was a miscarriage - I was pregnant a second time and I choosed to go to him - at that time I had medicaid there were other Doctors in the same city accepting patients with medicaid but I chose to go with him because of the care I recieved with my miscarriage - I had to deliver in Henderson - but It didn't matter to me as long as I felt comfortable and felt like I was being taken care of - as early as 5 months my little girl was breeched and she would never turn up until the last month - he suggested I have a c - section and I agreed - delivered in Henderson with Dr. Zeid and was very happy with the hospital and staff - I also went to Dr. Wasson for my second pregnancy 1 year later - and had the same great experience - I haven't had a child in 7 years but WOULD go again even if I have to deliver in Longview - I would have to drive almost an hour away for my visits and to deliver but its worth it! People will have negative comments about him - but regardless of what they say he is awesome! Not every doctor is prefect - everyone always has issues with one - NO ONE IS PREFECT!

January 31st, 2014
One of the worst experiences I have ever had within the past 20 years. There is a reason it is so easy to get an appointment. Proceed with caution.

November 26th, 2013
The ONLY doctor I TRUST with my pregnancy care. NO ONE else compares.
I have been a patient of Dr Wasson for 8 years now and he has seen me through 6 of my 9 pregnancies. He cares about his patients and does what he feels is best for not only them but their unborn children. I do not trust my care to anyone BUT him, and I do mean the word TRUST in every way possible. He is very professional and my husband and I have lots of respect for him. I will drive the 40 miles to see him because I know with him my little one is in goods hands. We love you Dr. Wasson.

August 15th, 2013
Would not recommend
Switching to medicaid left me with few options for an OB so I ended up with Dr. Wasson - It was a red flag when he started the appointment by saying 'if you hear anything bad about me from other doctors in Tyler it's not because I'm not good, it's only because I send my patients to Longview' ... I'm convinced there's other reasons. I refused the pap smear he wanted to do since I had one just a month earlier, I wouldn't take the iron he prescribed before even checking my iron. Luckily this was my 2nd pregnancy so I had an idea of what to expect. The worst of it was in my 2-3 appointments his 'jokes' were often very sexual especially without my husband there. I was very uncomfortable there and begged my former OB to take me in even though they weren't accepting medicaid and they agreed after learning I was seeing Dr. Wasson. I wouldn't recommend anyone going to this practice. I'm sorry I did.

April 27th, 2013
Dr Wasson rocks...best doctor I've ever had! He's very professional and respectful. Dr Wasson is very down to earth and extremely funny! Mr Wasson had great advice and is very much concern for your health as Well as your unborn child! I can honestly say that Dr James Wasson is the best and I'll Never forget him so with that being said...thanks for taking care of me and my unborn!!