A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Weitzman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Weitzman is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Weitzman
GERD Patient Education Learn all about GERD or gastroesopageal reflux disease with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Weitzman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Weitzman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Weitzman graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Weitzman has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- NSMC - Salem Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James I Weitzman MD is a male Internist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James I. Weitzman practice?
- Dr. James Weitzman has 1 office location.
Dr. James Weitzman practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Danvers, MA.
See Danvers Internists, Danvers Hematologists, and Danvers Oncologists.