A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Weitzman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Weitzman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Weitzman graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Weitzman has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- NSMC - Salem Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Weitzman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 11 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James I. Weitzman practice?
Dr. James Weitzman practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, and Hospitalist near Danvers, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Salem, MA and Boston, MA.
See Danvers Internists, Danvers Hematologists, Danvers Oncologists, and Danvers Hospitalists.