Dr. James Wellman Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. James Wellman?

October 23rd, 2015

Pray they are not the place you have to go to get checked or get your cpap supplies from..

April 16th, 2013

Rip-Off!

Referred to this office for a sleep study by my PCP. Booked a "consultation" with Dr. Wellman and was presented instead with 2 hours of group "classroom instruction" with a nurse and 2 minutes with the Dr. Needless to say, everyone in the class was recommended for a sleep study. Afterwards, I was told I would have to pay massive amounts up-front for the test even though I was told initially by his office that I would only need to pay my copay. I left without booking the study feeling scammed and lied to. Treat patients individually, not like you're giving a timeshare presentation. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

December 17th, 2010

Dr. Wellman is a doctor at the Sleep Disorders Center of Georgia. I went to them for a sleep study. They quickly took my insurance signed me up. At my follow-up appointment, the Dr. told me I had sleep apnea and that I needed cpap equipment BUT they did not accept my insurance for the equipment. WHAT? Why would I go to them for the study and knowingly have to go somewhere else for my equipment. Greediness on their part has turned out to be a huge inconvenience and delay in treatment for me. I should have been notified when I made my initial appointment about their policy with my insurance. By the way, I don't have an obscure health insurance plan. So before you go to them find out if they will accept your insurance for testing and treatment because they won't give you that information until after they get their money for the sleep study. Also, check your explanation of benefits from you insurance company. Because if you overpaid at this office they won't be contacting you. I have had to call them 5 times for a measly $15.00 refund. Without the courtesy of a return phone call. Unfortunately, the patient does not come first. Their motto is "We don't rest until you do" After reading about my experience, what do you think?

June 29th, 2014