Dr. James Wheeler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Wheeler?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. James Wheeler?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 13th, 2017

Great doctor!!

I went to Dr. Wheeler after seeing another specialist who could not help me. Dr. Wheeler is very unique and not your typical doctor! He was exactly what I needed after trying to get pregnant and discovering I had endometriosis. When I did get pregnant he acted as happy as we were at the test results. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks before delivering my twins. He came in every morning and every evening to check on me. He was so caring and funny, always made me feel better. I would definitely recommend him, especially if you are going through a difficult situation with women's healthcare issues.

July 28th, 2016

Dr. Wheeler tried to put me on so many medications all at once...progesterone, testosterone cream, it was ridiculous. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens expressed major concern when I was picking up all of these medications all at once! It gave me reason to think and I went for a second opinion right away. 2 other doctors heavily disagreed with Dr. Wheeler so I switched immediately.

May 13th, 2016

Please Stay Away From This "Doctor"

Worst medical experience of my life. When I confronted him about a blatant oversight in my care and misleading communication, he insulted me for several minutes and referred me to another doctor. Not to mention that I didn't even confront him about all the oversights in my care. This all after he had just conducted a well-woman exam without even asking me if I was still breastfeeding or if I my period had returned since giving birth. In fact, he neglected to acknowledge the fact that I had had a baby at all. After polling a number of other woman I know see him for the same condition I went to him for, I found that almost all had stopped seeing him due to incompetent care (including prescription doses which were dangerously high) and his disgusting, arrogant bedside manner. Just. Stay. Away.

April 21st, 2016

Too much ego

I was very disappointed in my care. I tried him for a year and he is just full of himself. Does not listen. Horrible bedside manner. After a year of no results for my pain and not being taken seriously. All he wanted to try was Metformin... I don't have insulin resistance. No thank you! I have never been talked down to so much. Things like this wouldn't bother me but there were no results.

April 14th, 2016

Never ever would I go back

Thinks too much of himself and turns so rude as his as his treatment isn't working for you. Old methods and medications. Needs updated info and more holistic options.

October 10th, 2015

F

September 8th, 2015

I got there a half-hour early and they got me in within 10 minutes of sitting down. He was thorough, though his bedside manner could be off-putting. He's smart but knows it & flaunts it. He made some assumptions that I had to correct. Overall though, he was sensitive and confident, which is good in an OBGYN. Just put him in his place when he's wrong.

March 10th, 2015

Grateful Patient

Dr. James Wheeler is the most talented Gyno I've ever experienced. I have been going to him my whole adult life and he literally saved my life more than once when other doctors just said 'I don't know what your problem is.' Even when I moved away from Houston and had issues no doctor in my new city could diagnose, I went back to Houston just to see him and he determined the real problem, treated me, and made me healthy again. I have complicated health issues no other doctor could ever help me with, thank heaven for Dr. Wheeler! He is a total sweetheart and always makes me feel at ease by asking about my family, telling silly jokes, talking about his kids and acting like a friend. If you have serious issues, he's definitely the one you should see. I finally decided to use him not just as my Gyno but as my primary physician because he is so much more intuitive and talented than most doctors, and way more concerned about his patients and their quality of life. Thank you, Dr. Wheeler!

February 1st, 2015

I will never see this doctor again. He has the worst temperament, needless to say he has awful bedside manner. The only time I felt like he respected me was when my husband came with me. I now have a baby without his help obviously. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

December 20th, 2014

Dr. Wheeler helped me through 20 weeks of preterm labor. Great man!

February 26th, 2014

Unprofessional

I have been a patient of Dr. Wheeler for over a year. It is very frustrating to call his office and ALWAYS get an answering machine and then NEVER...I mean NEVER getting a call back. I don't care how smart and how many educational degrees he has, a patient should not be treated like this. Not to mention his INAPPROPRIATE comments during the visit/examinations. Thank God that his assistant (who happens to be his wife) is in attendance during the examinations! Also, forget about reaching him for an emergency after hours...you cannot! He needs to be on staff at a teaching hospital, NOT in private practice. I will NOT return to his office under any circumstances.

December 27th, 2013

Very Condescending

I was referred to Dr. Wheeler by a friend who said he is great at what he does but warned he had an unusual bedside manner. I was floored at several if the inappropriate comments made by this doctor. In addition he was very condiscending and rude. I have never in my life been so humiliated by a doctor during a routine check up. I discussed this behavior with some if his other patients who agreed that he had treated them the same way even making one friend cry! I will not be seeing him again.