A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Wheless:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Wheless is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Wheless, MD is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Wheless graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wheless has 24 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wheless accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James W. Wheless practice?
Dr. James Wheless practices Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Memphis, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Houston, TX.
See Memphis Neurologists.