A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Whisenand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Whisenand is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whisenand
ADHD Patient Education Read our ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Whisenand Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Whisenand, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Whisenand graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Whisenand has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Carle Foundation Hospital
- Provena Covenant Medical Center
- The Pavilion
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James M Whisenand MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James M. Whisenand practice?
- Dr. James Whisenand has 7 office locations.
Dr. James Whisenand practices Psychiatry near Champaign, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Mattoon, IL and Urbana, IL.
See Champaign Psychiatrists.