Dr. James Whitmer Is this you?

1.7

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. James Whitmer?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO TREAT OUT VETS!

Posted on August 29th, 2013

Sadly after my father's experiences with "Dr." James R. Whitmer I have lost a lot of confidence in our medical care as well as the "tools" offered to supposedly help patients and/or vets with issues with their Doctor's. Dr Whitmer failed to run a long list of routine preventative screenings for my father, even with the computer system telling him they were passed due and placing flags on my dad's electronic file. He refused to listen to my father's health complaints, concerns and has told him to leave his office on several occasions when my Father raises his voice. (He is hard of hearing and forgets to wear his hearing aids.) He even flagged the system that my dad was not to be seen again for four months after his last appointment, although my Father was in the process of getting off medication, changing other medications and had several visits to the ER. Dr. Whitemer does not show compassion, concern, care or even the ability to look further into symptoms that all, possibly, could be pointing in the same direction. Dr. Whitmer ignored abnormal tests results, follow ups with further more advanced testing based on those abnormal test results, past personal medical history, family medical history, serious side effects in changes to medication treatments and so much more. I would not only NOT recommend this Doctor, but I would urgently caution anyone to seek other medical provider possibilities rather than trusting Dr. Whitmer with your health and ultimately your life. I am currently looking further into why, according to the Nevada Board of Medical License website, Dr. Whitmer's medical license has been suspended in the past with no pay.

Posted on November 2nd, 2009

Dr. Whitmer appears to be disorganized, and in over his head as a hospitalist. While he is not rude to patients, he is difficult to approach, and has a somewhat negative, pessimistic attitude in serious situations.