Dr. James Wilcox DO Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 14 reviews

April 29th, 2015
Not good at preventative medicine
My husband was a patient of Dr. Wilcox for over 5 years. We ended up leaving for insurance reasons and his new dr ran a blood test for AIC and found out he was diabetic! I think Dr. Wilcox should have discovered that and maybe prevented my husband from having diabetes.

April 14th, 2015
Best cure for the common cold....anything else he's useless
If you need to get in quick, THIS is the place to go. However, if you want a doctor who will take the time to hear you out, return your calls, have a staff member return your calls, have your doctor spend more than 3 minutes with you, and have a hands on approach, verses a hands off approach, I wouldn't recommend this office. Nice guy, I'll give him that, but I've been a patient of Dr. Wilcox for several years, and whether it be an annual physical or something that ails me, he's so hands off that all he does is recommend referrals to other doctors. If you have a head cold, he's your guy, but anything more, he's pretty useless.

February 21st, 2015
Absolutely awful!!!

February 28th, 2013
good doctor
After moving and need to find a new doctor i was recommended dr. Wilcox. I called and receive an appointment that day. At first i was a little nervous after reading these reviews but they are all wrong. I was treated great. I went in got all my questions answered he reviewed everything with me i felt very comfortable. Things are fast paced but i like that i can be seen when i call. Now my whole family goes there.

April 19th, 2012
fantastic physician
I am shocked to see any negative reviews of Dr. Wilcox. I have never had such thorough care by such a kind, well-informed physician. Perhaps he doesn't spend an hour listening to patients complain, but as a busy doctor who promises to see every patient that needs an appointment the same day the appointment is requested, I can see why he just doesn't have the time. Also, I am reassured that he can quickly diagnose my issues and create a plan--he's smart and efficient--what else could you ask for your health care?

April 17th, 2012
BEWARE
My husband is a patient at this office. From what I understand Dr. Wilcox is a decent doctor. I will speak about my experiences. His receptionist/nurses are horrific!!! They are rude, sarcastic, and incompetent. What is most concerning is; these "women" write the refill prescriptions and frequently make mistakes. I have had to return to his office on NUMEROUS occasions to get the corrected script. To add insult to injury they were rude and pompous when I voiced my irritation and concern.Therefore I would think twice before using this practice, after all Dr.Wilcox is the one who employees these "women".

April 11th, 2012
Disappointed
It's easy to get an appointment with him, but that's where the good things end... Nobody calls you with test results and when you try to call yourself you are placed on hold for a long time (I always hang up after about 7 minutes, so I am not even sure how long it takes to talk to somebody). I need to find a different doctor.

March 22nd, 2012
wonderful doctor. always helpful

January 10th, 2012
horrible exp
I have never been to a doctor who spent less than 5 min in my room. I have told him about my liver condition, the fact that I have had a liver biopsy and he has not even asked what the results from the biopsy show. He maybe spent 4 min. in the room with me. I will never go to see him again. He did not care about getting to know me as a patient and my condition.

July 21st, 2011
AWFUL!
He comes across as nice, but he isn't very informed. He doesn't read your chart before he talks to you. He asked my how the lump was on my neck (it wasn;t on my neck it was on my side), asked how I was doing managing my diabetes (I reversed it 2 years prior!). He is a pill pusher and doesn't spend much time with you. He and the office staff try to get you in and out quick to make that quick dollar, definatley felt like a numberm not a person.

June 23rd, 2011
Also switching
I will also be switching doctors. I always feel like I'm wasting his time by being there. He actually cuts me off while I'm talking. I went there to discuss 3 health issues and walked out having nothing addressed. He spent 3 mins. with me. He will even talk super fast while holding onto the door handle. I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only person with this issue. I also hate the staff there. There is one girl at the front desk who is nice, but the rest are terrible. One of the girls rolled her eyes at me and sighed when I asked a question. I have given the office several chances and I refuse to be treated like crap again. I never want to return to the office again.

June 23rd, 2011
Switching today.
This place is horrible. Gave it numerous times before finally switching. The front desk staff are rude and place you on hold for 10 minutes plus EVERY time you call. The dr is sometimes nice but they will double and triple appt times so you can wait forever to see the dr and then get only 1 minute - seriously! I get a lot of prescriptions written and he's out the door. Forget about it if you have questions, he sighs and gets upset if you ask. I've had enough.