Dr. James Wolpert MD Patient Reviews

January 28th, 2014
Exposure Risk Manager
Dr Wolpert performed a very important surgery on my 10 day old son who was experiencing damage to his kidneys from an obstruction in the posterior urethral valve . I have worked with physicians professionally for many years and Dr. Wolpert stands out as one of the most competent and profession physicians I've come across personally and professionally. Before the surgery I consulted with 5 different health care professionals and each one said "he would be who I would choose for taking care of my child." One so the nurses said that he had performed surgery on her son and said that he was "amazing". Another OR Nurse said that he was one of the best surgeons she has ever worked with, across all specialties. When we asked our pediatrician about Dr. Wool pert, she said "he is the best pediatric urologist in Minnesota." Hearing all of this, we felt very comfortable having this very important surgery be done by him. Results: Dr Wolpert was outstanding. Prior to the Radiological studies diagnosing our son's exact problem, he met with us to explain the top possible complications and identified the most likely cause. He explained the various treatment options clearly highlighting the most likely scenarios. He completely correct on the most likely causes and the treatments. After the surgery, he came out to the waiting room and handed us pictures and described in detail exactly what he did. If this were the Olympics we would give him all 10s! Dr Wolpert is an amazing human being.

April 20th, 2011
Horrible experience! My mother had surgery for diverticulitis. The suregery didn't hold, so her colon leaked (2% failure rate according to studies). It became infected,so needed months of follow-up care. Dr. Wolpert wasn't even around, as he left right after surgery for a month in Singapore. Seemed so smug after the surgery, too! Don't use him for any tpye of surgery!

May 5th, 2009
Trust-worthy
After seeing a different urologist for my 2 year-old daughter's vesico-ureteral reflux and being told that she might have to lose a kidney, I was greatful to end up in Dr. Wolpert's office. He's knowledgeable and explains things very well. Surgery went off without complications & my daughter has 2 functioning kidneys with no issues 2 years post surgery.