Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

2.5

|  Why, yes it WAS endometriosis....not that I was "overly sensitive"  |  show details
by Leslie on Dec 23rd, 2013

I would love to tell you & Dr. Weizer - why, YES, I DO have endometriosis. As I asked you & Dr. Xenophon to explore as a possibility for approximately 5 years....as each year from age 30 to 35 passed me - no success getting pregnant, progressively terrible pain/menstrual cycles/heavy bleeding, nights crouched on the floor in agony feeling like my pelvis was exploding, progressively more painful intercourse to where I couldn't even tolerate it at all...I brought all this up - year after year after year. She didn't "feel" anything wrong. I was only given an ultrasound ONCE in that time frame. After a night of agony & terribly heavy bleeding, I had to see Dr. Xenophon who rudely told me - I was exaggerating, all he saw was perhaps that I wasn't ovulating every month, one hormone was slightly low in bloodwork, all women think their pain & blood loss is heavy but it really isn't.....having 2 relatives with endometriosis, I asked both Weizer & Xenophon if that was something they'd please explore. They insisted I couldn't have it because I don't have all the symptoms. Finally, I was done being ignored as my life got so down from the pain. Within one appt at Geisinger, I was heard - listened to - and a pelvic laparoscopy was scheduled for the next month. The findings??? Stage 4 endometriosis! My bladders coated severely with scars from it being left go. So I run the risk of bladder loss down the road because it was so bad, it couldn't be repaired, I have one 60% blocked Fallopian tube from scarring from Endo that THEY refused to look for. The other tube - 100% blocked!!! Can't be repaired. My colon, large intestine & rectum have endometriosis growths. Could it have been prevented??? No...but if they'd listened to me, it could've been treated earlier & not deteriorated to where I'm not infertile, no hopes of having a child now plus damage to my organs that can't be reversed. And they are GYN specialist???? No, not for me they weren't. I diagnosed myself better.

|  "I'm 100% Sure this pregnancy is no longer successful"  |  show details
by Carl Miller on Oct 5th, 2013

February 2013 over 2 different appointments he stated he could not find my baby's heartbeat... Both times I saw it on the ultrasound monitor and he ignored my input saying that it was not the heartbeat. Dr Xenophon rushed through the ultrasound not taking his time. I even stressed concerns with how early in the pregnancy it was to not take more time to look at the ultrasound. Pregnancy hormones in the blood tests were rising just as they should but still at our second visit... Our daughter Miracle, was only 7 weeks, Dr. Xenophon stated that he was, and I quote "100% sure that this pregnancy is no longer successful", and proceeded to advise us to schedule for a D&C (removal). He did not seek a second opinion from one of the other OB/GYN's at the facility as one of the other CWHS Dr's did with a previous miscarriage. Our little Miracle was alive and advised us to have the removal even after I stressed my concerns. Even after we said no, he told us to call the office (Comprehensive Women's Heath System) when the fetus began to pass through my fiance's body naturally. So we scheduled to have a second opinion at another medical organization. 3 weeks of pain and stress later after only hearing our baby is dead, we were pleased to find out that Miracle's heartbeat was there (just as I saw it) and normal growth. Thankfully we did not listen to this doctor, our daughter Miracle's life would have been ended by a man who refused to take his time and give us the care he was expected to do as a physician.

|  Doesn't listen  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

I switched ob/gyn half way through my pregnancy because of him. He did not listen to my concerns and did not take my medical history into account. My family doctor actually told me to not listen to him and find someone else.

|  show details
May 1st, 2012

great doctor! delivered all 3 of my children!

|  One of the Best  |  show details
by Renee Barrus on Jul 4th, 2009

Dr.Xenophon delivered my two babies and he is always there for his patients and takes the time to get to know his patients and will answer any question you may have. He should be cloned :)