Why, yes it WAS endometriosis....not that I was "overly sensitive" show details Why, yes it WAS endometriosis....not that I was "overly sensitive"
by Leslie on Dec 23rd, 2013

I would love to tell you & Dr. Weizer - why, YES, I DO have endometriosis. As I asked you & Dr. Xenophon to explore as a possibility for approximately 5 years....as each year from age 30 to 35 passed me - no success getting pregnant, progressively terrible pain/menstrual cycles/heavy bleeding, nights crouched on the floor in agony feeling like my pelvis was exploding, progressively more painful intercourse to where I couldn't even tolerate it at all...I brought all this up - year after year after year. She didn't "feel" anything wrong. I was only given an ultrasound ONCE in that time frame. After a night of agony & terribly heavy bleeding, I had to see Dr. Xenophon who rudely told me - I was exaggerating, all he saw was perhaps that I wasn't ovulating every month, one hormone was slightly low in bloodwork, all women think their pain & blood loss is heavy but it really isn't.....having 2 relatives with endometriosis, I asked both Weizer & Xenophon if that was something they'd please explore. They insisted I couldn't have it because I don't have all the symptoms. Finally, I was done being ignored as my life got so down from the pain. Within one appt at Geisinger, I was heard - listened to - and a pelvic laparoscopy was scheduled for the next month. The findings??? Stage 4 endometriosis! My bladders coated severely with scars from it being left go. So I run the risk of bladder loss down the road because it was so bad, it couldn't be repaired, I have one 60% blocked Fallopian tube from scarring from Endo that THEY refused to look for. The other tube - 100% blocked!!! Can't be repaired. My colon, large intestine & rectum have endometriosis growths. Could it have been prevented??? No...but if they'd listened to me, it could've been treated earlier & not deteriorated to where I'm not infertile, no hopes of having a child now plus damage to my organs that can't be reversed. And they are GYN specialist???? No, not for me they weren't. I diagnosed myself better.

Doesn't listen show details Doesn't listen
Nov 2nd, 2012

I switched ob/gyn half way through my pregnancy because of him. He did not listen to my concerns and did not take my medical history into account. My family doctor actually told me to not listen to him and find someone else.

May 1st, 2012

great doctor! delivered all 3 of my children!

One of the Best show details One of the Best
by Renee Barrus on Jul 4th, 2009

Dr.Xenophon delivered my two babies and he is always there for his patients and takes the time to get to know his patients and will answer any question you may have. He should be cloned :)