Dr. James Yovanoff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 16th, 2014
Bad experience
If nothing shows up in the blood work he orders for you then he wants nothing more to do with you. I went to him and he dismissed me as not having anything wrong with me since the autoimmune diseases he did blood work for didn't show anything. This week, after 2 1/2 years of joint pain, I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis after a psoriasis broke out on my lower leg and I was believed to have an attack of gout a couple months ago. My uric acid levels are very high as well. I have to see another Rheumatologist for treatment. It won't be him!

March 17th, 2014
Will not go back
It was easy to get an apt and you went in on time which got my hopes up. Doctor is very kind and nice, but I had to call for test results and he barely answered my questions. I had more blood work and he stated that he didn't think I had anything, even though some of my blood work clearly indicated inflammation. After 2nd apt, he declined to set me up with another apt, so that told me a lot. I just didn't get any feeling that he knew what he was talking about. And if he didn't think it is anything he can treat, why didn't he offer to refer me to another specialist? I just felt dismissed. It was as if he didn't care if it wasn't straight forward and easy to treat.

November 25th, 2011
caring dr
Dr Yavanoff is a caring person. He spends all the time you need and he listens

November 2nd, 2011
Friendly, efficient, supportive
Dr. Yavanoff does a great job. He evaluated my very painful gout and prescribed an appropriate medicine regimine. Things have improved drastically since I've been under his care. Highly recommended.

October 25th, 2011
Talk to me not at me
I went to see Dr Yovanoff because I was diagnosed with a serious autoimmune disease by my primary care doctor. My first vist to this Dr was mostly talking, be did a brief exam, did not explain why he was doing what he was doing and he sent me for blood. 2 weeks later I returned, he said I wasn't sick and didnt need to come back and dismissed me like I wasn't a person, like I hadn't just paid him 2 copays while on disability etc.... AVOID HIM !!

September 16th, 2011
Not though
Would not go back.

October 22nd, 2010
Although I've been a patien for a few years I am very disappointed with this doctor. He spends less than 10 minutes per visit and does not appear to "hear" my complaints and/or concerns. I am looking for another physician who can better meet my needs.