A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Lai:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Lai is Satisfactory.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Lai, MD is board certified in Emergency Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lai graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Lai has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lai accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan