Dr. James Zelch MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Ferndale, MI

2.7

June 29th, 2016
don't go to this doctor
This place is the worst ever in my 50 years of existence. If you care about your health at all...look elsewhere. He works out of 3 offices, overbooks appointments and cannot keep track off all the patients. Does not read test results...terrible girls at the front desk who play games on the phone....like leaving you on perma-hold until you give up calling. Worst ever. Everything I read so far in these reviews is accurate. BEWARE of this place/doctor

June 14th, 2016
Hours are not posted on office. Hours on Internet are never accurate (always ays 8:AM-6PM). I've met couples who were walking into see the same office and wondered what the deal is.

April 30th, 2016
Next to IMPOSSIBLE to get them to answer the phone at ANY of his 3 locations. Took me 3 days of calling to FINALLY get one of the rude office staff to answer. The reason for my call was to reschedule an appointment THEY CANCELLED 2 days earlier. There's NO option to leave a message when calling. When drawing blood, medical assistant never washed her hands and after she swabbed my arm with alcohol, she used her ungloved finger to locate my vein and drew my blood without a second alcohol swipe. The place seems sketchy.

April 25th, 2016
Horrible service. Find a new doctor!
Very rude front desk girls. We're on their cell phones most of the time. They don't do vaccinations also. I asked where I could get it from and they sent me to the Health Department. If they took the time to actually look at my insurance card they would of know that the health department doesn't take my insurance. I was not informed and went all the way there anyway. Spent about 10 minutes with us, examined the baby and left. Not very personable. He was nice but didn't say much to us. I also got a 560$ bill for a 10 minute visit. When I called they said "maybe it didn't go to the insurance company." Seems like no one there can do their job correctly. Please find a different Doctor, this place will rip you off.

February 4th, 2016
Is this office even legally allowed to be running??? They don't use gloves, or wash hands. The actual "doctor" doesn't even see patients, he sits back and has a physician assistant see them all. The people at the front desk talk about personal stuff and about other patients. They gave me someone else's scripts! I called back and told them, I was told to "just throw it away". Someone needs to call and report them!!!

February 3rd, 2016
Never even got to speak to doctor
I went to see Dr. Zelch and during the 1-1/2 hour appointment I never even saw the doctor, only the physicians assistant. I didn't even know that was legal.

November 17th, 2015
Watch out for this doctor he will hold your prescription hostage if you do not agree to his demands. He wanted follow up visits every 2-months (doesn't realize we are paying him it is our decision) when I did not make the appointment he stopped the prescription I have been taking for years prior to seeing him. I also had a long wait time like others commented on. Hope this helps someone.

November 10th, 2015
Appointment this week HORRIBLE.

November 5th, 2015
Very disappointed
I have been going to the Livonia office for over a year now and after my last appointment I will be most definitely searching for a new PCP. I have often waited over 2 hours for very simple needs, he rarely explains what labs he is ordering, or why and then fails to discuss result with me apart from 'it's fine'. The staff have also openly discussed my private medical info (and made jokes about it) in ear shot of a waiting room full of people. I have made appointments via online websites that his office is registered with and often get calls telling me the time I signed up for was not actually available. if you want a primary care provider that works WITH you and treats you with respect look elsewhere.

October 27th, 2015
Terrible service does not listen to you and don't care that you wouldn't saw the previous Doctor Who a different organization only cares about the Beaumont doctors opinion
He had issues with him he only listens to Beaumont doctors when I come to his office from 8 Henry Ford doctor he did not pay no attention to what they had to say so he did absolutely nothing cuz he was going back nine months to that doctor that I talk to you for 10 minutes is opinion when I talk to the staff they were downright rude to me and other patience in that place I would not go back there for nothing terrible terrible terrible

September 19th, 2015
I went to this dr and i felt he was very friendly and thorough, he sent me for a ton of test that non of my prior dr's cared to do. I was very satisfied with him. The office staff is great. I definitely will be going here from now on.

July 17th, 2015
Shady and Unprofessional
All of the bad reviews are 100% accurate on every review site for him. 1. He was my primary physician but I've never even SEEN him, let alone met or worked with him. 2. The wait time was over an hour. 3. I told them, when I made my next appt, that I would have to probably reschedule it. I called them to cancel and made a new appt 2 weeks later. At my next appt they told me that I had to pay a $30 no-show charge and that they had no record of me canceling. Not only that, but if I didn't pay right then that they would charge me again since they refuse to see you. (they consider that a no-show even though you are there on time and unaware of charges) 4. When you try to complain they rudely and literally tell you, "Oh well, you signed the agreement so it's not our problem. 5. They give out wrong medications with hardly any background. On my first visit, I said I was depressed so they gave me a psych prescription even though they aren't psychologists. They gave me an inhaler that doesn't work for my condition, just because they saw the word "asthma" on the sheet. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your time and health on this scam artist.