Dr. Jamie Kane MD Patient Reviews

March 2nd, 2015
wonderful, caring doctor!

October 11th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr Kane is fabulous. I finally feel like I have a handle on getting healthy and fitI am loosing weight, eating right and feeling fantastic.. I have tried and read every thing about health diet and fitness and so far Dr Kane is the only one who has sorted out the truth from fads and taught me how to maximize my nutrition intake. I am less hungry yet I eat lessHe is also great for general medicine .

July 24th, 2012
The Best Doctor Around
Dr. Kane is a rare find. He is actually a doctor with whom you can have a meaningful conversation about your overall health and he not only listens, he cares. His weight loss program is based on eating nutritionally sound meals and not some gimmicky points or potions or programs. You have to be willing to learn and experiment with what works for you and not expect miracles. Also, he monitors what you eat and all other medical issues you may have and continues to educate you each time you see him. He has a very sound approach to eating properly and good nutrition and it's worked for me - I lost 30 pounds working with him and that does not include exercise because I have other chronic illnesses to contend with that preclude vigorous excercise.

June 3rd, 2012
Waste of time and money
First, let me say that Dr. Kane is a really nice man and a great listener. Unfortunately, he has no weight loss plan. Over the course of several weeks the most I was able to get out of him was, eat lean protien and quinoa and try to do one day a week without meat. There are no recipes or portion guides or anything to learn from. I could have gotten all the same advice he gave me from any of the fashion magazines in his waiting room.

January 18th, 2011
My experience with Dr. Kane was fantastic. He is everything a doctor should be but unfortunately rarely ever is in this day and age; he's patient, attentive, and caring. And best of all, he is a brilliant physician. He will not rush you, and he will listen to every word you say, and ask questions to really get a good picture of what is going on. I have seen my share of doctors, and liked many of them, but I have not received the level of attention and care I did with Dr. Kane. He didn't do a quick once-over and make a snap diagnosis based on something found in a textbook, he really took the time to fully understand all the facets of my condition, specific to me as an individual and not a statistic. I left the office with a definite sense of relief and confidence that I was in good hands. I can't say enough great things about my experience with Dr. Kane, I highly recommend him!

October 8th, 2010
Wonderful!
No other doctor could figure out a diagnosis and he did. Never been healthier!

August 31st, 2010
Simply the best
Dr. Kane is the best doctor I have ever been treated by. He truly listens to his patients and doesn't ignore any questions or ailments, not matter how small they may seem. He cares about the overall health of his patients. His weightloss program is designed to build better, healthier habits and not just a way to simply shed pounds.

July 23rd, 2010
excellent weight loss and general physician
I don't usually write reviews - but really wanted to strongly recommend Dr Kane as an excellent medical weight loss and general physician. He really cares and doesn't treat you as another number coming through the door. He is a very rare find in nyc!

April 6th, 2010
Great weight loss program!!!!
I am not considered an obese individual, but I did have some baggage that I needed to get rid of around my midsection that I wasn't able to get rid of by myself. For 5 years I tried to lose weight by myself using various diet/exercises, but was never successful. So with recommendation from a friend I made an appointment with Dr. Kane. After 6 month of working with Dr. Kane, I am now at my ideal weight. Unlike with other diet, Dr. Kane monitored my health while on the program to make sure that I was getting the correct nutritional balance. Now I can run over 4 miles with an ease and play soccer without getting winded after the first sprint. I would highly recommend his program if you want to lose weight the right way, without starving your body the necessary nutrients.

March 28th, 2010
President
I travel from Virginia to see Dr. Kane after years of struggling with my health and seeing doctors who simply don't take the time to work with me. Dr. Kane is the only doctor I know of that understands the struggles I have faced and has the knowledge to make recommendations that really work. I have lost 25 pounds, kept it off and have been able to stop taking almost every prescription other doctors put me on. I feel better and know that I could not have done it without his help.

April 24th, 2017