Obstetrician & Gynecologist

4560 Admiralty Way
Ste 105
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
310-694-5255
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS  |  show details
by Danny J. on Feb 11th, 2014

PLEASE PLEASE READ MY REVIEW BEFORE YOU CONSIDER GOING TO DR. JAIMIE LIPELES. Dr. Jamie Lipeles is in my opinion an incompetent and unethical doctor and someone I would never rec commend. My wife and I went to Dr. Jamie Lipeles last year when we discovered she was pregnant. He was pleasant but the first thing I found strange was that he was wearing a badge that said "Jamie Lipeles, MD" when in fact this doctor is NOT an MD, he is a DO. Still a type of doctor, but NOT an MD. This is a pretty serious violation to misrepresent yourself as and MD when you are not... clearly not ethical. But please read on, the experience gets much worse... He performed an ultrasound and some blood tests on my wife and said the pregnancy was not developing right and he thought that the pregnancy was ectopic. An ectopic pregnancy is one that instead of implanting itself in the uterus, implants elsewhere, usually in a fallopian tube. This is VERY dangerous as it could rupture a fallopian tube if the pregnancy is not ended. Less than 2% of pregnancies are ectopic. He told us he NEVER misses an ectopic pregnancy and he prides himself on that, and that his colleagues are always surprised by how many ectopic pregnancies he has among his patients.... Well that will be explained in a moment... After the second ultrasound where he told us again he thought it was ectopic, but to me (not a doctor, but well educated) it looked like it was implanted in the right place, I asked him the following question: "Is it implanted in the RIGHT place" He said "Yes." and then I proceeded to ask him, "Then is it ectopic?" "He said, "YES." - This makes no sense! He then told my wife if she feels ANY discomfort at all to go immediately to the ER and terminate the pregnancy and that he would call over and have the shot ready. He made her feel that there was a ticking bomb inside her that could harm her. We decided to go to another doctor OBGYN, (actual MD) to get a second opinion. We told him the story of what this doctor said and he replied, "I will tell you in 3 seconds if it's ectopic." He used his ultrasound and in about 2 seconds said... "NOT ECTOPIC" So getting back to Dr. Lipeles and his colleagues who are always surprised he has so many ectopic pregnancies among his patients... It's because he MISDIAGNOSES THEM LEFT AND RIGHT. We could not believe this "doctor" was so clearly incompetent. PLEASE AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS. I'm not sure if these other reviews here are genuine or not, but given what we experienced and an OD who wears an MD badge when he is clearly NOT an MD, I would by no means trust this man with my wife's pregnancy care let alone my pet hamster.

|  Outstanding!  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

What a great experience. Would recommend to anyone! Feels like the personalized experience of a midwife but with a doctor!

|  The best  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

Super friendly staff and great doctor. Very happy with my care and feel Dr. Lipeles is top shelf. Affiliations at St. John's and UCLA Santa Monica, would recommend to all my friends!