Dr. Jamie Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

November 18th, 2016
HORRIBLE DOCTOR. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I couldn't agree more with other reviews of her being impatience and not really giving care about you or your concerns. She sat down and just looked at the computer the whole time. She did not bother to ask me about any concerns I have. When i tried to bring up my concerns, she dismissed it and went back to looking at her computer. I asked for a full blood work since I want to know if there are any health problems with me. She refused to give it to me because she thinks i dont need it. EXCUSE ME, this is the first time you have met me...IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA DO A FULL BLOOD WORK SO YOU COULD GET AN IDEA OF HOW I AM (HEALTHWISE). I didn't even get to ask her about the pain in my knees because AGAIN, she was too busy looking at the computer. She has the fakest smile. I feel like she doesn't listen or care for what her paitient has to say because she's a doctor. But for a doctor, she doesn't seem to know alot so maybe that's why she dismiss anything you have to say to avoid giving you a correct diagnosis or answer. Also, she's very fogetful. She JUST mentioned giving me some vaccination, I agreed to get it, then she totally fogets to tell the nurse or anyone to give it to me.

December 25th, 2015
Do you know what are you doing ?.
First I have to agree all the reviews about this doctor. Here my story , I told her that i had upper stomach pain and she send me to x ray the chest and the issue not go away and I have to go back to let her know and the answer is that I am normal. Let cut the story short, I had stomach infection , thank for another doctor take care issue

February 18th, 2015
impatient and uninformative
She's impatient and uninformative. Sometimes I wonder if she really knows what she's doing or if she's guessing because all my issues never really go away despite her perscriptions. That's why I left her for another doctor. She never goes into detail during her explanation. if you had really the health issue, do not count on her.

November 10th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Nguyen
I have recommend Dr Nguyen to my friends and they like her. You have to be in charge of your health. I ask questions and if I don't understand I ask her again. The complaints my be that the questions are not being asked. Dr Nguyen listens and advises me on what I should do and shouldn't do. If I tell her I don't want to take or do something, we discuss other options. I have change doctors at VMC twice. The 1st time I saw Dr Nguyen she had read my file and that impressed me and it is the same on my other visits. If I call her and leave a message she or her nurse return my call.

March 12th, 2014
health link
Thank for the health link, i was able to monitor my health by myself. This doctor only show me the good one for the lab test and she never Show me the bad one, she also make me feel that I am in good health. Hopefully someone have the same problems. Please write the review.

March 22nd, 2013
poor treatment
ignore the complain from me. just read the medical record and then say good bye. you are all done. no new medication.

March 21st, 2013
very poor communication
This doctor is no good. Nerver ask how do you feel or do you still have any pain?. Not even explain the lab test result to me.

July 26th, 2012
Poor Communication Skills
I switched doctors after 2 visits due to the lack of communication from this doctor. The first thing she said to me at my first visit was "why didn't they make you pay to see me?" She then sat at the computer and read my info in silence and only asked me a few questions and cut me off as I tried to answer them. I was not given the opportunity to talk about my concerns for my health and she did not answer the 2 questions I had. I kept my 2nd appointment with her, hoping she was just having a bad or busy day during the 1st appointment but it was just as bad. This time I felt like she was scolding me about my health and how I was feeling without trying to understand why this is happening to me. I decided to switch doctors after that because I have chronic medical condition and need a doctor who will listen, make an effort to find out whatnis wrong with me, and advise me on how to get better and not make me feel worse than I already do.