Dr. Jamie Plubell Heimbach DO Patient Reviews

2.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 23rd, 2017
Parents cannot pay a bill when they do not know who, where, or how much to pay!
I received a check from my insurance for bills that my son incurred for an ER hospital trip. I have been waiting on bills to pay, yet they never arrived in my mailbox. My son is currently in a rehab getting help due to his issues. As parents we have been waited for bills to come in to pay on his behalf, only 1 arrived and it was paid immediately which still left $259 left to pay anything else. Today, I received a call from a collection agency who would not give out too much info because my son is 20. I said to them, how can I pay something to someone if I do not know who the bill came from? Finally he gave me a Doctor Plubell's name, in which I had to google search to see where it came from. After finding out she/he was a Liberty Hospital, I searched the phone number on where I could call to find out about this bill. I called and they said the same thing as the collection agency, that they could not talk to me because he was over 20... how can he talk to someone when he is in a rehab, how can I pay this if I have never received the bill, in which they said that 3 bills were sent to our home. My husband and I pay our bills on time; we have excellent credit, and I can assure you we never received this bill. It would have been paid immediately because we have been waiting. So this office would not tell me anything other than to call the collection agency back and pay it. So I did. My recommendation to this office: Call the number given to you from the patient as a followup to pay a bill. The ER called me the morning he was there and I rushed to my son's side... why didn't you give me a call saying who, where, and how much to pay? You assumed that I had gotten the bills to my house, but I did not. YOU can't pay a bill if you don't know who to pay or how much to pay. So a phone call from your office would have gotten this paid immediately, meanwhile money was on hold for this ER trip, but NO bill was ever received to our home, even though you said it was sent. I can assure you it never reached us. If it had it would have been paid and done. It,'s sad I even have to leave a comment like this. This office needs a follow-up system that is better. I'm sure Dr Jamie Plubell is probably very nice and excellent at what she/he does, but your office system needs a better way of letting people know to whom a bill is owed, rather than mail.