Dr. Jamieson Glenn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 19th, 2016
Best experience at surgeon's office
Dr. Glenn was able to get me in the next day after I called - I knew something was wrong. First visit was informative and detailed, he ordered an MRI right away. His staff got me into the MRI center within 2 days!! Then I went back and Dr. Glenn found a herniated disc. Scheduled me for surgery 2 weeks later after my insurance finally authorized it. I am back to 100%. Start to finish the process at his office was awesome. He is highly competent and took the time to talk to me about my options and describe in depth me what the issue was. I wouldn't recommend anyone else for back issues in North County!

April 29th, 2015
A little advice..
Dr. Glenn diagnosed a herniated disc accurately for me. He is intelligent and runs on time. I think he is highly competent. The only issue I had was his unwillingness to initially recommend disability past 6 weeks. My job is very physical, and I have to be able to lift over 50 lbs to return. At six weeks after the injury, my leg was still numb and I was limping terribly. He did end up giving me the 3 months of disability after some discussion. I recovered and am back to work! My recommendation is this: If you need time off from work for a spine injury, bring something from your place of employment that states your job description. I had something from my manager stating I could not return to work unless I had "no restrictions and could lift at least 50 lbs." I get the feeling he really dislikes approving disability. I respect his opinion, but think he is a bit skewed in this area. I hated needing disability also...but I couldn't go back to work for 3 months and I had paid into the system for 20 years. He's a talented physician, just bring in your job requirements or a letter from your manager if you feel you are unable to work. Thanks.

January 8th, 2014
What a wonderful doctor..speaks my language...
When we left Dr. Glenn, we had all our questions answered. He spoke in terms we understood and use props to explain everything. He did not seem ed rushed to get us through and the appointment was ontime. His manner is affable and kind and he "knows his stuff". I would recommend him to anyone..the staff was courteous and well, the whole experience was great!

September 23rd, 2013
Great doctor!!
I would highly recommend Dr. Glenn to anyone who wants a compassionate, caring doctor who will listen to your issues and give you many options for ways to treat them. He's done this for me and now I'm feeling great - without surgery!! So happy I could avoid surgery for now, all with Dr. Glenn's sage advice.

August 15th, 2013
Dr Glenn is amazing. I recently had a double microdisectomy performed by him and I am feeling wonderful. I have never had a doctor that listened as well as he did to me and my concerns. He also explained my options very well to me and when it came time to have my procedure done I went in with all of my questions answered. He was recommended to me by my physical therapist at another practice, and I am so happy he was I myself would recommend him as well.

August 15th, 2013
I think maybe the last reviewer went to a different Dr Glenn. The one I saw was the exact opposite of who she describes - he's the only doctor who has ever taken the time to listen to me and ask about my life outside of my injury to get a feel for what treatment options he should offer. I'll admit he's very conservative but who doesn't want all options explored before going under the knife. When I finally did, he continued his with excellent skills and I am now back to doing everything I love (triathlons, etc) pain free! He's an all around amazing doctor, you can't make a better choice!

May 5th, 2012
Dr. Glenn is fantastic!
I first went to see Dr. Glenn a couple of years ago with debilitating back and leg pain. Dr. Glenn diagnosed me quickly and accurately. He has the most wonderful bedside manner; I have seen him multiple times over the last 2 years and he has never been anything but concerned and caring, always taking time to answer all my questions. He also never pushed me for any aggressive treatment, always patiently explaining my choices. Finally, after two years, no other options worked and I had to resort to surgery. The procedure was complicated and the surgery lasted 6 hours, but I came through with flying colors thanks to Dr. Glenn's expertise. I was walking within 24 hours, out of the hospital in 3 days, and back to my old self in 2 weeks. Less than two months later, I am able to take an overseas trip. Dr. Glenn is, in my experience, an excellent doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

April 13th, 2011
I felt Dr Glenn was very caring and was interested in listening to the complaint. He seems very knowledgeable. The staff are extremely friendly

April 12th, 2011
Great doctor!
Dr. Glenn is great - excellent, personable bedside manner, he is very skilled with his surgeries...Definitely recommended. The spine doctors at the practice are now separated from the others so it's a bit more intimate and well organized.

March 8th, 2010
Dr. Glenn is a caring, compassionate surgeon. He took a great deal of time to evaluate me and answered all of my questions with obvious concern. Highly recommended for anyone with back pain!

May 19th, 2009
Great bedside manner, easy to talk to, great hands!