Dr. Jamil Abou-Harb MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 11th, 2017
MISDIAGNOSED
I brought my 15 yo daughter to Dr. A-H. She was in chronic abdominal pain after a sudden onset over 2 months prior to her appointment with him. She had been in the ER and admitted to the hospital for 3 days upon the onset of her pain. The doctors were not able to determine the cause and she had been seen by our pediatrician for several weeks prior to being referred to Dr. A-H. By the time we saw him, she was unable to attend school regularly, her extracurricular activities and social life were almost nonexistent due to her pain. She had become depressed and feeling hopeless and helpless about her medical condition, as was I. After another CT Scan, a lower GI scope and a few other tests, Dr. A-H diagnosed her with Mesenteric Adenitis, a viral intestinal infection that there is no test to determine if a person has and there is no treatment for. There was also no medication that touched her pain. He said it can last for over a year. There were no follow up appointments. No referrals to anyone else. That was the final word from him. About a month into my daughter’s medical issues, I started researching and became suspicious that she had chronic appendicitis. Every time we met with Dr. A-H, I expressed my thoughts about this and asked several questions about it. Every time, he shut me down. I asked if we could just remove the appendix to rule it out. He would not entertain any of my questions or requests. Unsatisfied with his diagnosis and not willing to watch my daughter suffer for over a year before Dr. A-H may be willing to do anything else, I struck out on my own. Long story short, I was able to find a surgeon who would do an exploratory surgery with the main purpose being to remove her appendix while he did the surgery. My daughter’s pathology report confirmed what I had suspected, which is that she had appendicitis. Now, 2 months later, she is fully healed and functional. I am so grateful that I didn’t accept Dr. A-H’s diagnosis. He was very interested in doing a lot of tests and didn’t seem that interested in my daughter’s health in general. I didn’t feel listened to and didn’t feel like anything I said was even taken into consideration.

April 6th, 2016
Not impressed with him
Went to see him for my 5 year old daughter having stomach pains for a while now and it's almost everyday. He didn't want to listen to what I had to say about it and told me it was just in her head and to give her candy and say it's her tummy medicine. Not happy at all with the visit.

November 6th, 2015
Great Dr. for my son
I have been impressed with Dr. Abou-Harb. He talks to my son since it is him he is treating and wants to make sure he understands what is going on with his diagnosis. He makes sure to listen to our concerns and offers his recommendation but informs us of alternatives that others have tried.

September 3rd, 2015
Very personable, but don't bother filling out paperwork about family history and such because it's not read or used. The only information he acts on is that given by your pediatrician

May 20th, 2015
Failure to review chart and history provided by the original doctor that made a referral and complete lack of sensitivity while communicating.

July 15th, 2014
holistic voodoo doctor????

August 14th, 2013
great doctor very wonderful with young people

April 3rd, 2013
I was shocked at his lack of concern and lack of follow up treatment for my son who has been in pain for months. I feel his attitude constitutes irresponsible medical care.

September 25th, 2011
Dr. Abou-Harb did not listen to me or seem to care about the pain and distress my 5 year old daughter is experiencing. Without knowing me, he immediately attributed her inability to defecate to poor nutrition. When I told him of the considerable lengths I've gone to for years to ensure she eats enough fiber, stays well hydrated, etc., he ignored me . He came across as arrogant and condescending.

June 28th, 2011
GP "hadn't ever heard of such a thing"
After our teenage daughter struggled with terrible stomach pain for over a year (and her GP kept suggesting stronger antacids) we went to Dr. Abou-Harb. He correctly diagnosed her right away with stomach migraines. After she saw him, she was better within a week. We were very impressed with his willingness to answer all of our questions. He was especially good with our daughter.

June 2nd, 2011
Great dr. - he kept us well informed
during our extended stay at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital, Dr. Abou-Harb visited our daughter every day and we felt very re dived to see him and receive updates. He is well respected and spoken highly of by nurses, doctors and staff.

October 25th, 2010
Dr. Abu-Harb and all of his staff are wonderful people! You will love being there. Your child will have a pleasant time at the office, movies, books ext. They are set up for children!!!! Dr. Abu-Harb is very fun, he plays with your child with doing his exam. He is very funny too! All of his staff are wonderful!! Very thankful for this office! He is not prideful he will send your child were he needs to be if he can't figure it out!