Dr. Jamil Abou-Harb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 6th, 2016
Not impressed with him
Went to see him for my 5 year old daughter having stomach pains for a while now and it's almost everyday. He didn't want to listen to what I had to say about it and told me it was just in her head and to give her candy and say it's her tummy medicine. Not happy at all with the visit.

November 6th, 2015
Great Dr. for my son
I have been impressed with Dr. Abou-Harb. He talks to my son since it is him he is treating and wants to make sure he understands what is going on with his diagnosis. He makes sure to listen to our concerns and offers his recommendation but informs us of alternatives that others have tried.

September 3rd, 2015
Very personable, but don't bother filling out paperwork about family history and such because it's not read or used. The only information he acts on is that given by your pediatrician

May 20th, 2015
Failure to review chart and history provided by the original doctor that made a referral and complete lack of sensitivity while communicating.

April 3rd, 2013
I was shocked at his lack of concern and lack of follow up treatment for my son who has been in pain for months. I feel his attitude constitutes irresponsible medical care.

September 25th, 2011
Dr. Abou-Harb did not listen to me or seem to care about the pain and distress my 5 year old daughter is experiencing. Without knowing me, he immediately attributed her inability to defecate to poor nutrition. When I told him of the considerable lengths I've gone to for years to ensure she eats enough fiber, stays well hydrated, etc., he ignored me . He came across as arrogant and condescending.

June 28th, 2011
GP "hadn't ever heard of such a thing"
After our teenage daughter struggled with terrible stomach pain for over a year (and her GP kept suggesting stronger antacids) we went to Dr. Abou-Harb. He correctly diagnosed her right away with stomach migraines. After she saw him, she was better within a week. We were very impressed with his willingness to answer all of our questions. He was especially good with our daughter.

June 2nd, 2011
Great dr. - he kept us well informed
during our extended stay at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital, Dr. Abou-Harb visited our daughter every day and we felt very re dived to see him and receive updates. He is well respected and spoken highly of by nurses, doctors and staff.

October 25th, 2010
Dr. Abu-Harb and all of his staff are wonderful people! You will love being there. Your child will have a pleasant time at the office, movies, books ext. They are set up for children!!!! Dr. Abu-Harb is very fun, he plays with your child with doing his exam. He is very funny too! All of his staff are wonderful!! Very thankful for this office! He is not prideful he will send your child were he needs to be if he can't figure it out!

June 25th, 2009
Outstanding diagnostician, even better care
Dr. Abou-Harb diagnosed my son with ulcerative colitis. We were in the hospital for 14 days. He visited at least once a day every day except Sundays. He is patient, and explains things in language that you understand. He is not offended by, but instead encourages second opinions. His staff is great to work with too, particularly Suzie, one of his nurses. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking the care of a pediatric GI.