A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Muhammad Akhtar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Muhammad Akhtar is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akhtar
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Akhtar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Muhammad Akhtar, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar graduated from Nishtar Medical College, Multan.
Dr. Akhtar has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Baywood Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Muhammad Akhtar BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Muhammad Akhtar practice?
- Dr. Muhammad Akhtar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Muhammad Akhtar practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Mesa, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Tempe, AZ.
See Mesa Internists and Mesa Cardiologists.