A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jamine Shechter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jamine Shechter, MD, FACS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Laser Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shechter graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shechter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
- Phoenixville Hospital University PA Health System
- Phoenixville Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shechter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans