A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Pekler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Pekler is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Pekler, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Pekler graduated from Universidad De Monterrey, San Pedro Garza Garcia.
Dr. Pekler has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pekler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gerald Pekler practice?
Dr. Gerald Pekler practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Staten Island, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Kew Gardens, NY and New York, NY.
See Staten Island Internists and Staten Island Cardiologists.