Dr. Jamshyd Karlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jamshyd Karlin?

October 30th, 2015

Medicare patients don't get talked into something you don't want

I needed cataract surgery. I wanted basic, medicare approved surgery as everyone I know has had to wear glasses after surgery anyway. I was badgered to purchase upgrades. They are only interested in selling "extras" not patients well-being. They made promises using his 'special machine' to diagnose more accurately. Aide Rachel talks medicare patients out of basic procedure they request with unrealistic results using his $400 per eye 'special machine' to diagnose. For astigmatism patients who don't purchase the thousands of dollar lenses she pushes a procedure by the doctor to help an enormous amount for $800 per eye. She is a hard sell, used car salesman. After the 'sell' they explain nothing further, not the fact patient is awake throughout the surgery or at the surgery center of which the doctor is an owner the patient must get an implant card after surgery for their records (which they failed to do for my 1st eye but I found out about it by accident when they gave me the card after the 2nd). At a routine eye appointment they charge you up front $50 for a prescription even if you do not require one as I did not, I was having cataract surgery . They told me I would get my money back but at the desk Rachel said they can't refund on their credit card machine so I have a credit on my account. They still have my $50, they did not deduct it from "extras" I was talked into paying which I am trying to get back as my sight is blurry, I can't watch TV as I did before the surgery. The doctor now said I need Lasik surgery! I guess his 'special machine' isn't so special. One telling question sticks out , wouldn't a reputable doctor want the best results for all their patients and not only the ones who pay extra for his 'special machine'? I am currently seeking a resolve to my poor eyesight. If you are reading this you have been warned, I wish I was.

June 28th, 2010

Very Pleasant experience

I'm a 40 year old male who just realized I need glasses, so after a recommendation from Dr. Caleb Hirsch (my great Doctor of 17 years) I went to see Dr. Karlin. I never waited more than 15 minutes in both times I was there which was on a Thursday at 2pm and a Monday at 8:45am, everyone there was very nice, very professional. Dr. Karlin and his staff spent good time with me diagnosing my vision problem explained to me what I was dealing th and what what to expect from this eye disorder called "Keratoconus", I then came back for picking out my glasses , they have a very nice selection from Harley to Nautica <which i chose> and more. Very nice guy there. I was extremely happy with my entire first experience getting glasses, and will defiantly be back for adjustments, new glasses,eye exams etc..... Very happy patient Right here!

December 16th, 2009