Dr. Jan-Eric Esway Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jan-Eric Esway?

September 2nd, 2017

Ms Ellen

Very professional and caring. Takes time to listen. He repaired prior surgery and it is doing great

August 16th, 2017

Update from May 20 review - Amazing Dr

I had my surgery on June 27th and it was a huge success!! The recovery has been exactly how Dr. Esway told me it would be. I've followed all his instructions exactly the way he told me to and I am now 7 week post op and I'm walking in my walking boot with no pain what so ever. I have 2 1/2 weeks left with my boot. I am so glad my family Dr referred me to him. I also want to mention his staff is amazing as well!!

August 2nd, 2017

Incredible surgeon and staff

After tearing ligaments and fracturing my ankle, I quickly sought out orthopaedic care. Due to the complexity of my injury, I made appointments with several surgeons in the area. As soon as I called Dr. Esway's office, I was immediately impressed with the care that I received from the entire staff. They fit me in right away and took exceptional care in diagnosing my injury and creating a treatment plan. Dr. Esway is very skilled and knowledgeable regarding new approaches to ankle reconstruction. Six months after surgery, I was able to go walking, hiking, and riding my bike with an ankle that felt stronger than ever. I can't say enough about the wonderful care that I received from Dr. Esway and his staff.

May 20th, 2017

Amazing Doctor

Dr. Esway is an amazing Dr and he is saving my life. I had 2 previous heel surgeries back in 1988 and 1991 for Hagland's Deformaty (sometime referred to as "Pump Bump" its basically bone growing out of the back of my heel). I started having pain again in 2008/09. I went to a podiatrist and after an x-ray and MRI I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendonitis and was told that this pain is something that I would have to live with and I was sent to physical therapy. So long story short over a period of 9 years I had seen 4 different Drs and was told by all of them that it was Achilles Tendonitis and was sent to physical therapy by all of them. So after all these years of physical therapy the pain kept getting worse. I e-mailed my family Dr. and told her that I needed help that I can't continue on like this (because I couldn't exercise anymore for the pain so I started gaining weight, my blood meds had to be raised and I was put on cholesterol meds) so she referred me to Dr. Esway. I had to have x-rays done before I went and saw him. After my first appt I was so impressed with Dr Esway he immediately saw my problem and told me that the Haglands Deformaty had come back and was rubbing up against my achilles tendon causing all this pain. He wanted me to get an MRI so he could see if there was any damage done to my achilles tendon and sure enough there was a significant amount of damage done to achilles tendon. Where the bone had grown out of the back of my heel it is now rubbing against the achilles tendon causing all the pain.. My achilles tendon is now frayed. I am having surgery in June. I would have it done today but with my work schedule I have to wait until June. Dr. Esway is a very patient Dr, he has a wonderful bedside manner, and he spends the time with you that you need. I've never felt like he was in a hurry to get on to the next patient. He explains everything thoroughly. He has answered all my questions that I had and even explained everything that was going to happen before, during and after my surgery. I'm 110% completely satisfied with having him do my surgery. His nurse and office staff are very kind.

May 20th, 2017

Amazing Doctor

February 27th, 2017

Esway took the time to listen which is a rare trait these days. He researched my issue until he found a solution. His staff was nice and very helpful. Overall great experience and would recommend highly.

October 24th, 2016

excellent care

Easy access, kind and caring manner, obviously well versed in the care of aging joints

October 20th, 2016

Excellent Skills and Care!

Dr. Esway is a superior orthopedic doctor. He is that rare combination of knowledge, persistence and generosity of spirit. He's the one you want to go to and be assured he is working harder for you and the best outcome than the majority of the many many doctors I have been a patient of. His focus is extraordinary; he listens and solves. It is immediately apparent that he is very smart, but his approach is well considered, practical, and down to earth. In my personal case, I believe he saved my leg because he takes the time to thoroughly diagnose, has the cutting edge skills/ experience, and CARES. It was a stroke of luck that Spotsy had recently recruited him and I was fortunate to meet him. His surgical skills and bedside manner are exemplary. There is never a doubt that he has your best interests at heart. He has also created an office team that equally looks out for you and supports you in your recovery. Do not hesitate to go see him if you have a leg, ankle or foot injury and want to understand how you can get better. You want him on your case. Or your son's or daughter's. You will never feel he is doing anything by rote, that he has not looked specifically at your situation. At every appointment. I am now at the end of 5 months since my accident, healed and in PT, with a full and complete recovery in sight. (I even went to him, traveling from DC, and DC's vast array of specialist available, after I returned home.) I must also add that every patient, nurse, hospitalist, wound care specialist, and specialist doctor spoke of him to me with the absolute highest regard. Dr. Esway is a treasure who I expect will be the leading sports medicine and orthopedic surgeon in the area as word gets out.

November 5th, 2015

Dr Esway is an excellent physician. He is very compassionate, caring and an exceptionally intelligent surgeon!!

April 1st, 2015

Miss you, Dr. Esway

Dr. Esway has left Ortho Virginia and I miss him. He was always very caring and fun to be around. I knew that he "knew" his field and had confidence in my recovery. Unfortunately, he has moved to Austin Texas (I finally found him on the internet).

January 19th, 2015

Dr. Esway was so very professional on the occasions that I visited him. He didn't find anything on an x-ray , nor foot scan, so he sent me to have an MRI. He doesn't give up easily.

December 4th, 2013

I consider myself to be very fortunate to have found Dr. Esway as my surgeon. Dr. Esway took the time to thoroughly explain the extent of my injury and then gave an honest review of my options. He immediately struck me as a professional and a man of integrity, confidence and compassion. Because he projected a level of trust and experience, I was comfortable in accepting that surgery had to take place within days. Both my wife and I were impressed by his listening skills, perception, demeanor (we never felt rushed) and brilliant surgical capability. We were also impressed by the professionalism, empathy and personal caring by his medical team, Kacie, Kasey and Susan. All were outstanding and skilled in their field. I would add that the facility was state of the art and very clean. The office staff was most courteous and professional. Dr. Jan-Eric Esway is an exceptional specialist and I highly recommend this brilliant and caring Doctor. Thank you for everything...Dr. Esway.