Dr. Jan Bear Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jan Bear?

August 17th, 2017

Horrible person

Dr. Bear has to be the worst doctor/person I have ever met with. His bedside manner and personality need a lot of work. Just another pompous a** provided by Christus. Where do they find these doctors? He was extremely unhelpful and a total waste of time and money.

February 8th, 2017

Personally I do not like a doctor who is all warm and fuzzy. Be professional and courteous but don't sugar coat it. He fits the bill. With knee replacement 6 years ago I will definetely see Dr.. Bear for the next one on the other knee.

August 17th, 2016

Horrible Experience

Because there are no 1/2 stars, I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a rude, patronizing, arrogant, condescending person in my life, let alone a Physician!! He never looked at me, never introduced himself, never even acknowledged me or my painful situation, never even said 'bye'. No discharged instructions were given. Frankly, my auto mechanic has more beside manners. He was rough and careless in the procedure and I hope to never have ANY contact with him again. How ever does he call himself a human, much less a medical doctor. And I paid him to provide this abuse. Horrific!

July 1st, 2016

Thanks!

You were recommended as a good doctor, but I want to say you were fantastic with my hip replacement. You and your team took care of me and my illness which had become a nightmare with pain and thanks to you became a reality of being pain free and able to walk again. You changed my life. I commend you and your office staff who have been kind, efficient and patient. Thank you so much Dr. Bear!!

January 27th, 2016

Knee Surgery

I had my knee replaced by Jan Bear in Aug'2015. I am totally pleased with the results. The pre-surgery seminar was absolutely helpful in understanding what to expect. Dr. Bear does not spent a lot of time "chit-chatting" and makes his office visits very short and to the point, which to some may appear cold and insensitive. After 1.5 years of constant knee pain.....I am finally pain free. Dr. Bear is an outstanding surgeon, and if I had to chose between a friendly, outgoing Dr. or someone who gets me the results I'm looking for..... give me good results any day!! I must say, the "Bear Team" as a whole were excellent during my hospital stay!!

September 21st, 2015

Technically great

Performed hip surgeries on my family member....but he's not the most pleasant person even though my family member loved him

April 29th, 2015

Dr. Bear

Enjoyed the fact that an operation wasn't his first thought.

April 15th, 2015

I took my 89 year old mother who had hip surgery. Bear was condescending, pompous, short tempered, and acted like my mother had leprosy. He wouldn’t touch her even though I asked him to feel her leg because her leg was red, swollen and warm to the touch.

August 14th, 2014

Horrible attitude

Worst attitude doctor I have been to. He was rude and very condescending. I will never schedule an apt with him again.

May 28th, 2014

19 years and counting

I broke my knee when I was 18 years old. That was in 1996. Dr. Bear did that surgery was not needed and that it would heal on its own. He gave me a Velcro leg splint and told me to make sure the bottom of my shoe never touched the ground. He determined that all in about 10 minutes or less. I was a kid and I was not impressed. And that was it. Fast forward 19 years. I am nearly 40 years old and my knee has hurt me every single day since then. I have been limited to do some activities. My knee still gives me trouble too. Have been in pain for nearly 20 years due to a rushed office visit and a cheap splint. I think of Dr. Bear every day of my life.

May 1st, 2014

Great Job!

I saw Dr. Bear a year prior to actually scheduling surgery. He took x-rays and I could see how badly my knee had deteriorated. During that visit, he told me something that i don't think any other doctor would have told me, which made me trust him completely. He said "Knee Replacement is a barbaric procedure, but it WORKS" That is what I call truly honest. When I finally had the procedure done I was out of the hospital in two days walking on my own. He provided a Patient coordinator who guided me through the entire process including setting up all the required appointments with other medical functions like MRI and my Cardiologist. Dr Bear provides a "Total Joint Class" where he spends an entire morning explaining the process and what to expect when you get to the hospital. My wife attended with me and her first reaction was " I really like him! He is a straight talker" The morning of my surgery Dr. Bear told me that he had already performed the surgery mentally and visually using my MRI, which only added to my confidence level. Everything went great, my pain was very well managed, and I could not have asked for a better surgical experience. Today I am four months out of surgery and doing very well on my new knee, thanks to Dr. Bear.

July 22nd, 2013

patient

I was misled about follow up care. I had a total hip replacement and was on less medication afterwards than when I went into the hospital. Dr Bear is very uncaring about this unless it's for himself, when he is injured. I wish I had waited, but I my husband and I were so assured by his head PA when we called that we went ahead. It was worse than Iraq. One follow up visit.