A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jan Carstens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jan Carstens is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jan Carstens, MD is board certified in Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Carstens graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Carstens has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Ellis Hospital
- Nathan Littauer Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carstens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 12 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 7 plans