Dr. Jan Dauer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
Dr Dauer treated my husband today at North Shore Plainview. We found Dr. Dauer extremely personable, informative and upbeat. All end d well. Thank you Dr. Dauer.

January 17th, 2016
Incompetant
This doctor completely incompetent, he came into my sisters room eating nuts breathing on her and touching her with his unwashed hands, while she has a severe nut allergy.

April 3rd, 2015
Misdiagnosed
Completely misdiagnosed my 6 year old son. He diagnosed my son as having Bacterial Conjunctivitis and dispensed drops that caused my son to scream in pain. I took my son to a specialist and discovered that he was diagnosed incorrectly. Alan Kaplan, the head of ER, told me his diagnosis was justified. Maybe they both should go back to medical school. I would keep your loved ones far from this place. I have no idea what other quacks they have employed.

February 23rd, 2011
Disturbing Interaction
I recently had an extremely disturbing interaction with Dr. Dauer while he was serving as the attending physician in Huntington Hospital's emergency room. For legal purposes, I won't get into extreme details, but he made a key misdiagnosis upon my family member's entry into Huntington Hospital. Had Dr. Dauer taken even five minutes to review the patient's chart, this misdiagnosis would not have occurred.Stay very far away from Dr. Dauer.

May 7th, 2009
In visiting the ER, I would like to share that Dr. Dauer's attentive thoughtfulness- even in the midst of an ER visit- was not only reassuring but also much appreciated! My fiance and I were amazed by his ability to service his patients while remaining calm, thorough and making a point of taking time to answer ALL of our questions. We are very thankful to Dr. Dauer and only wish that he had a private practice on the side! :)

July 3rd, 2017