Dr. Jan Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 5th, 2017
Daughter of Gerald DeLong
Dr. Davis did hip replacement on my dad after the surgery he never came in to see him always sent his PA Luke in the mean while he was bleeding internally and never addressed the matter, we decided to move him to LaJunta so we could get his PCP to take care of him since nobody at Parkview hospital including Dr. Davis seemed to care what was going on, needless to say 10 days later my dad was having to have surgery again due to bleeding, he ended up with an infection and had to have 6 weeks of IV antibiotics to keep infections from getting into his new hip joint.

December 14th, 2015
physician
I have known Jan Davis for more than 20 years and he is an excellent surgeon specializing in back and neck interventions. Because I also have faith in him as a general orthopedist, I chose to have him do my very difficult patellar fracture surgery.

February 16th, 2015
condescending , rude, unprofessional
I was told to arrive 45 min early I had X-rays done. I handed in my packet of paperwork and the nurse was nice enough but pointed out I didn't list my allergies to medication she said, it's ok, that's why we go over the paperwork. I then gave her my allergies . The doctor came in and was upset because of this and because I didn't go into detail about my fall. He asked me "Are you even able to complete a full sentence on paper?" I was shocked but wanted to get my diagnosis. He never gave it to me. Instead he asked about the last time i took pain pills and I told him after my knee replacements . He left the room without a word. He kept me waiting 20 minutes and when I asked the receptionist what was going on she said he was "do a patient plan of action for me" I said I would like to be included in that , he finally came in and did not discuss my X-rays or my pain he questioned my dates of surgery (which he was offended that I had in Denver ). He was rude and condescending about my weight and on the borderline of racist. My hope in writing this is that no one else would be subjected to this ignorant , condescending . He never even diagnosed me. He was anal about the paperwork but never told me what was wrong with my back.

December 15th, 2014
She's been great. Easy to talk to. Very informative. They know you by name.

September 6th, 2013
Dr, Jan Graham Davis is a MALE & a super fantastic Doctor, Surgeon as well as a Great human being!

May 14th, 2013
Great Doctor
A very warm and caring doctor. The doctor talked with us and was accurate with the diagnosis. The doctor was very easy to understand and to talk with. I think anyone who is in his care will be very taken care of.my husband need's surgery on his neck,and is scared. I have great faith that Dr. Davis is the man for the job,and that all will workout for my husband,he is hurt real bad on his neck. Thank you Dr. Davis for all your help!

March 8th, 2013
Daughter of Shirley McGrath
3-8-2013 First of all, this is a male Doctor and what a wonderful doctor Mr. Jan Davis is! He is very conscientious and caring, even considering recovery care way down the road before he operates. He took care of my mother twice now through two broken legs, she is in her 80's and she has recovered nicely both times at his hands. He is always available, getting back to you very soon after contacting his answering service on off-hours for emergencies. He is very skillful and can piece together the worst breaks with his diligence and care. I just can't recommend a better orthopedist from my experience in Pueblo. A very nice man, down to earth and with "the best" bedside manner even taking me aside to discuss the risks as well as her recovery care before the surgeries. Thank you Dr. Davis!!!

December 23rd, 2010
Fantastic Doctor
While I was very irritated with the time I waited for this man on first office visit,I quickly realized why I had to wait. This man will take all the time YOU, the patient, need to discuss your problem and will outline every option open to you as a solution. He does not over-prescribe and will prescribe a generic if that works better than the high priced name brand drugs that are routinely pushed by the drug companies!!Neither does he milk the system by having you come back to see him several times so he can bill insurance when he can complete the procedure or solution on the first visit!I highly recommend this Doctor and a fairly easy solution to wait time is to get first appointment of the day!

April 26th, 2017