Dr. Jan Fruiterman MD Patient Reviews

2.2

• Good
  • Bad

October 26th, 2015
Dr Fruiterman delivered my 2 babies and he took great care of me and my babies he was very professional and his bed side manner was great he was very courteous of me and how I was doing throughout the entire process

September 24th, 2013
Disappointed
What a bizarre man. So, this review is long overdue and it is possible he has improved with an attitude adjustment since my experience in 2007 at his office in Burke. I was very excited to have Dr. Fruiterman because he delivered me many, many years ago and I was thrilled that he would be delivering my very first child as well. Things started off well and he was nice and funny! BUT as the months progressed he became rude, short-tempered, and the last few appointments before my due date hardly showed up. He didn't even come to deliver my baby, which was a HUGE deal because of the significance of it, and sent his partner at the time. But then, at the follow up appointment after the delivery I was even more shocked he didn't apologize for missing the delivery. During the appointment he had the audacity to tell me to get on birth control. He insisted on prescribing it, but when I told him I was just not interested multiple times, he stormed out of the room talking all kinds of rude nonsense about me not needing to have any more children. It was nuts. I am a married woman who wanted more children and had no health issues, why should I go on birth control if I did not want to? Needless to say, I never saw him again. Anyway, I thought the practice closed, but I guess it just moved. Still horrified by my experience to this day!

June 28th, 2013
Very Frustrating Experience - Bad as it can be
First you wait - then you get examined - which is fine - the room was tiny and there was a nurse present at all time - so two people were starring at my private parts. I asked for meds & b-control. I got neither because he felt it wasn't right and I should think about it. So a week later I tried to contact the office because I really wanted the prescriptions. After a week of calling and them telling me they will phone it in - still nothing. Doesn't even call back. The worst ever - changing to someone better. Very frustrating experience.

June 14th, 2011
Great Diagnostician
He was a very caring knowledgable and patient

October 24th, 2009
Do your research before you book an appt.
If you are ok with rude comments and inappropriate behavior during the exam then you won't mind this man, otherwise do a Google search and do your research before you proceed with this guy.

October 27th, 2015