Dermatologist

902 Frostwood Dr
Ste 153
Memorial, Houston, TX 77024
713-467-9671
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  I got better! Thank you Dr. Schwartz  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

I was treated by several physicians for close to ten years for a miserable skin problem . I did not get better. Then, I went to Dr. Schwartz. She patiently listened to my history, then looked at my problem. To my surprise, she then asked me to leave the exam room and follow her into her private office. She pulled a text book from her book case and showed me a picture. There was my problem On page 563. I had been misdiagnosed and suffering needlessly for far too long! Within a month, I got better! But, after seeing that picture, I knew I would. Dr. Schwartz took the time to help me.

|  More than the top rating !  |  show details
by K. Rogers on Mar 8th, 2014

I would rate her more than excellent. Dr Schwatrz is competent, courteous and kind!

|  found my new doc!  |  show details
by kayce on Jun 21st, 2013

I will admit the wait was long. But they did squeeze me in from a canceled appointment. I have no insurance and dr. Schwartz made sure to discuss several prescription options to see which ones I could afford. Also I have had eczema for 18 years and de Schwartz said its psoriasis. I always thought that and when I tried the medicine for the first fww days my skin showed improvement! She also gave me 11 refills so I wouldnt jave to keep paying out of pocket to get more prescriptions. She spent alot of time with me qas patient and kind. I will absolutely return to her

|  patient for life  |  show details
by Penny on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Schwartz is like a fine wine. She makes everybody feel good. Add to that the fact that she's an excellent doctor, and I can't imagine ever seeing anyone else. I hope she never retires because I don't know what we'd do; my whole family sees her. She's treated me and my kids for everything from acne to surgery. She even once phoned in medicine for my girl when she got badly sunburned right before prom. This lady is tops.

|  Great Doctor! Great Experience! Grateful!  |  show details
by C.D.H. on Jun 20th, 2013

I would absolutely tell anyone to go and see this doctor!!! I wish there were more physicians around like Dr. Schwartz! She listens, she cares , and she is KIND! I felt like a person, not a number! My experience in her office was the Dr/ Patient relationship as it should be ! MOST IMPORTANT, I AM GETTING BETTER! I went to several other physicians this year for the same problem, but I didn't get better.I am grateful for Dr. Schwartz!

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Miss on Jun 3rd, 2013

I came to her for a small wart removal. Careful! I suspect that this doctor adjusts her fees based on her impression of the patient’s income! I’m a teacher and single mom of 4 children that receives little, if any, child support – I am not rich! I struggle financially, but I try to dress professionally…but not designer fashions! When the doctor came into the room, she immediately turned to my purse and PICKED IT UP and said without genuineness, "Nice, purse." Then, she read the purse brand name SMUGLY like it was a fancy brand, but it wasn’t a Coach purse, it was a modestly priced plain tote (Relic). After removing my wart, she told her assistant to code it as xyz, then looked at my purse again and then turned back to me and asked if I had insurance. When I answered yes, she told her assistant to change the code to SURGERY! I told the doctor that I would appreciate it if she didn’t code it as such but she ignored me. I believe that she is trying to make up her cost probably because, by the look of the waiting room, most of her patients are on Medicare/Medicaid. This doctor is in her 70's and when I asked her about an opinion of using light bans to help acne, she became smug and threw the question back at me - "Why don't you tell ME!" She admitted that she didn't know anything about it and was very rude –She acted like I insulted her by inquiring. I would never go back to her. She seems like a VERY unhappy person who is apparently not up to date with the latest medical approaches.

|  Ridiculous Wait Time!  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I found this dermatologists office online and made an appt to have some recent skin problems checked out. I made my appt and the receptionist told me to make sure I gave myself a few minutes before my appointment to fill out paperwork. I showed up 10 minutes before my 2:30 appointment and checked in and filled out all my paperwork and turned it back into the front desk. I noticed the waiting room was pretty full as I waited, but as time went on, no one was being called back. After 30 minutes, finally 1 person was called back. I started getting annoyed that it was so long after my scheduled appointment time, but was trying to be patient and understanding. Some of the other patients started to complain that it was taking so long as well, and I went up to the front desk to ask how much longer it would be till I would be able to see the doctor. The receptionist said there was only one person in front of me. This didn't do anything to make me feel better since only 1 person had been called in the 45 minutes that I'd been there.I waited for another 30 minutes and I finally gave up and told the receptionist that I couldn't wait any longer and had to leave. Even if I were to be called back at that time, I don't think I want to have a doctor that didn't appreciate that my time is important too.

|  Worst wait time Ever - Will never Return  |  show details
by jkpreto at Citysearch on May 8th, 2012 on citysearch.com

My review is base on waiting time only! If you value time, there is no need to read further, just find another doctor who can keep a better schedule. My wife has taken our sons to this doctor in the past. But when we needed to schedule a new visit, the staff said we could arrive at 230 pm. This was an opportunity to move up our appointment from Thursday to a Tuesday visit because we were told they had cancellations. We waited for 50 minutes in the waiting room before moving to the examination room. At 400pm, having to wait 90 minutes, the doctor had not shown up, we promptly walked out and explained to the staff that this was simply unacceptable. It`s one thing to understand that most, if not all, appointments will run late. It`s another thing to inform patients that the doctor may be running late. The staff did not inform any patients that it would be 1 12 hours to 2 hrs past your appointment time to be visited by the doctor. I simply cannot recommend this doctor on the fact that you a patient can expect or anticipate a 90-120 minute wait without knowing this in advance. As I explained to the staff on my way out, if you explained this to me in advance, I would have said it was not worth my time to take 2 hours for an appointment that was scheduled at 230 and was not completed at 2 hrs later.

Feb 9th, 2012

i loved her personable & knowledgable approach to my problem and me as an individual person. !!!!!! She works majic, i tell ya ..... lol ;)

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
by dsetter at Citysearch on Nov 3rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I understand the frustration of the people to talk about the waiting time. I`ve spent plenty of time waiting, too. I`ve even been present when someone walked out during a long wait. However, everything has a price, and the price of seeing Dr. Schwartz is the wait. No problem. She`s worth it.The upside to the wait is that she spends whatever amount of time is needed for each of her patients. We`ve all been to doctors who spent only a moment or two with us and then misdiagnose and move on to the next patient. This leads to visit after visit, prescription after prescription, and plenty of misery in between. It simply doesn`t happen with Dr. Schwartz.Those who want a fast diagnosis, a hastily written prescription, and little, if any, explanation should go to one of the \"Doc-in-a-Box\" clinics. Waiting time, along with the quality of the care, will be minimal. Those who really need help should go to Dr. Schwartz, and prepare for a wait. Everyone has different needs. Fast service won`t be found when one visits Dr. Schwartz. Quality care won`t be found in an office in which each patient is allotted 6 minutes maximum. Depending upon your needs, Dr. Schwartz could be either the best dermatologist for you or the worst. I`ll stay with Dr. Schwartz.

|  Worst Dr. Experience I`ve Ever Had  |  show details
by Lane000 at Citysearch on Sep 29th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I waited in the waiting room for 1 hour and15 minutes before being called into a \"small\" room. The assistant told me I would be moved to a \"bigger\" room once one was available. I let her know I was not very happy with the wait and she \"understood\". 15 minutes later she told me I was being moved into the bigger room, when I asked how much longer would it be, she said probably at least another 15 minutes or so. I told her I could not wait any longer and that my time was just as valuable as theirs. I overheard the nurse tell the doctor that she had 3 patients in wiating rooms and that 2 of them were \"anxious\"........angry is more like it.I think I will send her office a bill for my time. 1.5 hours is a long time to wait and never see the doctor. And there is no telling how much more time I would have had to sit there if I`d decided to stay. pros nonecons everything about this visit

|  Mixed Feelings  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

I first met Dr Schwartz 7 years ago when I needed help with my rash and after 3 different doctors not helping and 1 hour wait out in lobby and then another 45 minutes in inner office she was very friendly and knowledgable. I found relief. the next year my dad needed help with his problem, he had had a cyst rupture in this hip and been to the ER in Bryan, TX where they packed my dad's cyst with gauze and gave very specific directions to see a dermatologist to have the gauze repacked in two days. dad went and waited the 1 1/2 hours total...and Dr Schwartz glanced at the paper dad gave her and did NOT repack dad's gauze, she inspected the wound and said to come back in a week for follow-up. dad's wound proceeded to get infected and when dad went back the next week Dr Schwartz figured out she really messed up and when dad got home we got a phone call from her staff requesting him to NOT come back. Guess she was afraid that we would sue since she had really messed up, which we are not that type to rush to sue....we just hoped that she would slow down and be more observant. Needless to say dad went on to another doctor and the wound finally healed. I had a good experience with Dr Schwartz (long long wait and the staff even knocked on the door to rush her along)....but dad's experience could have been very dangerous.

|  Great Doctor, Always Worth The Wait  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Schwartz is a terrific doctor! She will do whatever it takes to help you and she is very compassionate. She puts teens and kids at ease and has a great bedside manner. Her clients get her full undivided time and attention once it is your turn. It is well worth the wait to see her any day.

|  You will wait a long time  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

Waiting for doctor Schwartz is always long - an hour at least. Trying to get your file sent to a more professional doctor is even worse. Three requests over thirty plus days and still no report. What a joke.

|  Excellent!!!!  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

I am grateful for physicians like Dr. Schwartz! She gave me the time I needed to understand what I had to do to get better. I had been to three other doctors and didn't get better. This go round, I did!

|  MY Dermatologist  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

Dr. Schwartz is the best. She's helped me and my family more than I can say over the years. Just great.

|  Great!!!!  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

the person who says "listens and cares" is spot on. It makes all the difference.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

a doctor who actually listens and cares!

|  My Favorite Doctor  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr. Schwartz is just wonderful. Me and my family have been seeing her for years and no other doctor is as kind or as helpful. I would recommend her for anyone with a skin problem in a heartbeat.

|  Go somewhere else  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2010

The office staff seemed incompetent and the wait was ridiculous. I thought we would get around a wait time by scheduling an earlier morning appointment, however, when the doctor walks in the same time you do and already has waiting patients a long wait is expected, right? This signals to me a physician who does not value your time. She did not seem knowledgeable regarding a very common dermatologic condition. Having worked in the medical field for several years, I have an idea of what to look for in a good physician and this is not it.

|  A kind human being!  |  show details
by Yumi S. on Jul 1st, 2010

My experience with Dr, Schwartz has been excellent!I have been her patient off and on for almost ten years and I wish that all of my doctors were as kind and Dr. Schwartz. She never makes me feel like she's in a huge hurry to get to the next patient. She listens! I've sent other family members to her and they feel the same way.

|  Perfectly good, if not a bit busy  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2010

I've seen her twice now in the last two years. She's very quick, competent and experienced.Answers my questions and takes care of the problem.My total wait time was less than 30 minutes both times I went to see her. First time, she was booked solid for a week, I asked them to call me if there were any cancellations. They actually did the next day. Usually, the staff forget, these people didn't.

|  Grateful and lucky for Dr. Schwartz!  |  show details
by A. McCallum on May 22nd, 2010

I went to Dr. Schwartz for a problem with my acne.She treated the ache, then kindly asked me if I had any other concerns. I showed he a mole on my back.It turned out to be a malignant melanoma! She got rid of it and saved my life! I am grateful and lucky for Dr. Schwartz! She is a wonderful, kind lady!

|  Long Wait Is the Only Problem  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2010

Dr. Schwartz seems quite knowledgeable and eager to help but the wait is horrible. First visit I waited in lobby 15-20 min. then 10 min for her in back office. 2nd visit the lobby wait was approx. 20 min. then the wait in the back room was another 40 min or so. I got up and left at that point.

|  Worst physician I have ever seen, BECAREFUL!  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2010

Horrible Doctor, should be banned for lack of care and ethics. In it only to make money! Be careful

Doctor's Response

This review is entirely untrue. I was the target of an extortionist, a man who told my staff that I could pay so that unfavorable reviews would not be placed on this web site. Please disregard this review. Jan Miller Schwartz M.D.

|  A Doctor who CARES ... What a novelty! (I love Dr. Schwartz)  |  show details
by Todd on Nov 7th, 2009

Dr. Schwartz is simply the most caring, knowledgeable, communicative, excellent doctor I have ever seen. If only the surgeons and ear-nose and internists I see were so excellent and so ... kind. Well, the world would be a better place.

|  grateful patient  |  show details
by Adrienne on Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Schwartz is considerate and helpful. She not only gave me a thorough total skin exam but solved several other problems for me as well. I have never had such a complete skin exam. I recommend her highly.

by Glenda Smith on Nov 4th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I took my child to his pediatrician several times for his very allergic skin with no success at treatment. He then suggested that I see Dr. Schwartz, who happens to be an amazing Doctor! I called her office for an appointment. Her staff was very kind. The

|  Great office and staff!  |  show details
by Slim on Oct 22nd, 2009

Dr. Schwartz came highly recommeded from my friends. Today I had an appoint at Dr. Schwartz office and her staff was very polite and courteous. I have not seen a doctor so efficeint and thorough like Dr. Schwartz in a long time. She addressed all the propblems I had and answered all of my questions with ease. I did not feel rushed and left her office very happy and pleased with my appointment.

|  Expect to wait ... for hours ... likely every time!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2009

From what I and my friends have experienced, Dr. Schwartz may be the world's worst at seeing patients on a timely and scheduled basis. I, and two of my close friends (each individually over the past several months) found that we faced a minimum of 1 1/2 to 2 hour 'waiting time' in spite of having firm appointment times. These experiences occured with early morning and early afternoon appointments - where there should be a lower potential for 'medical emergencies' delaying the appointment schedule. The Doctor's staff are fully aware of this continued problem - but it is obvious that Dr. Schwartz considers her time more important than that of her patient's. Trust me, from what I have seen, very long delays are not the exception at this practice, they appear to be the norm! There is no excuse for this! I would stay away - unless you have a lot of time to waste!!!

|  Long waiting hours  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2009

WHen I saw the review of other person before making an appointment that there was over 2 hour wait time, I thought may be it was a bad day for her. BUt the same thing happened to me too. I had to wait for more than 2 hours before I was seen. THat was ridiculous and when asked why its taking so long, I got the same response that she is running for surgeries in and out. That was ridiculous. The doctor is ok but is the wait time worth it????

by Faith08 on Jun 16th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I've visited Dr. Schwartz several times after bouncing around at other doctors offices with wrong diagnosis. She quickly spotted my problem, diagnosed me, and provided quick treatment. She gives 100% with each doctor appoint, she listens carefully, she

May 11th, 2009

After waiting over 2 hours to be seen I was called back to wait in her office since there were no rooms available yet. They were just trying to get people out of the waiting room. I knew it was a bad sign since I heard others in the room complaining about the long wait and there were signs posted apologizing about long waits. When I was finally seen, she didn't really ask me anything about my problem, and didn't really give me any good answers to what was causing it. I was given 5 prescriptions, 5 of which were already pre-typed and just signed by the Dr. Overall it was a waste of an afternoon, and I would not recommend this office to anyone.

by miamaddy4 on Apr 22nd, 2009 on yahoo.com

I traveled from afar to see this doctor because she was recommended. After waiting three hours to get in. I assumed if the wait was that long, it would be worth it. The staff was very unhelpful. And the I left more confused and irritated. They gave me suggestions but said they didn't know. I heard we don't know about six time before I left. They don't try to investigate on your conditon or even do additional exams. Was very disappointed.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
by mng on Mar 30th, 2009 on citysearch.com

while in college i developed a strange and painful rash on my back. I went to go see a dermatologist in the city in which I was studying. He said it was acne and prescribed the usual stuff. After it became worse and more painful, I went to a different doc

|  Find Another Doctor  |  show details
by anonymous on Oct 10th, 2008

After waiting over 3 hours to be seen, she spent less than 5 minutes with me. She rushed out of the room, leaving me with a nurse that rushed through instructions. She gave me several prescriptions to treat one problem, stating "if this doesn't work, try this." Seems to take a shotgun approach to her patients.

Sep 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

This office would not help me get in on an emergency basis when I had a flare-up of a chronic skin condition. Not the kind of place that you can rely upon. Staff member seemed put-out when I even asked to be worked-in on emergency basis.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
by ECZEMAMOM on Jul 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Be prepared to wait!!! Dr. Jan takes her time with every patient. It is nice to see a doctor that is not caught up in the push them through the door like cattle mentality. I have been to many a doctor for my 5yr olds eczema and this is the only

by tabkcqb on Jul 8th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was floored by the rudeness of the staff and their blatant disregard and disrespect of the patients' time. The woman who answered the phone when I called to make the appointment was short, terse, and rude. I waited for almost 2 hours, asking 3 times f

by yobabeoy on Dec 6th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Non-professional Appointment system... Waited for 2 hrs.. no service... similar to most others there before and after me Practice has no respect for patient's time and schedule... just overbook to maximize their profit and bottomline. What happened t