Dr. Jan Mcdonald Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jan Mcdonald?

May 22nd, 2017

I saw Jan McDonald when she had an office in Scottsdale, AZ. She is one of the best doctors I've seen in my lifetime.

September 1st, 2011

No longer licensed in NC, NV and AZ

My mother went in to her follow-up appointment today. The doors were locked and staff frantically packing up. They said she retired. NC Medical Board said she voluntarily surrendered her license in 06/2011. Check NV Medical Board where she lost her license because she didn't notify them of problems with her AZ license. AZ Medical Board says she lost her license for professional misconduct. If she ever gets another state to license her, I would suggest "RUN AWAY"!!

July 7th, 2011

TERRIBLE DOCTOR

Wait time is always over an hour, more like 2+, disorganized, no privacy in office as she comes in with a "group", doesn't listen, uncaring. I would never go back to her again!!! Beware

June 8th, 2011

Worst Experience With Any Doctor

I have had various skin problems during my life and have seen many dermatologist before Dr. McDonald, all of whom have been friendly, given prompt service, and helped with my problems. Dr. McDonald was a different story. I had read several bad reviews already but gave her the benefit of the doubt, but even with low expectations should went even lower. I literally sat for 90 minutes in the waiting room, which was mostly empty, before sitting alone in my underwear in the examination room for another 45 minutes before Dr. McDonald arrived. Immediately should made me feel as if my presence was inconvenience to her, asking me hurried questions and glancing over my skin. I had some moles and skin tags I needed to have checked out, but she instead singled out some moles I knew I've had most of my life and said they needed to be removed immediately, and recommended a needlessly expensive treatment for the skin tags. In her words, her jobs was to "save lives" by removing potentially cancerous moles, which other dermatologists have before and since seen and claimed to be no big deal. In addition to being rude, she also only seems interest in pushing the most expensive treatments to payments, and I'm sure she gets plenty of kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies she pushes. Don't waste your time and money and go to someone else, even if it means driving to VA Beach or Raleigh.

May 22nd, 2011

Dr. McDonald is an excellent dermatologist. She had great knowledge for dermatology and cares about her patients. She takes the time out to explain everything in detail to her patients so they know all there options. I have recommended all my friends and family to go see Dr. McDonald she is wonderful.

May 4th, 2011

Worst doctors visit of my life.

I saw McDonald at her Outer Banks location and I waited for 2 hours before I was actually seen. When the doctor finally came in she was in a terrible mood. She yelled at me repeatedly to relax, told me she thought I was lying about my moles after she asked me about them, and was completely unsympathetic to my concerns and needs. I don't mind doctors at all, but I have never felt angry and self-conscience from a doctor before. It was obvious that the nurses were not getting along with her and other patients were also unhappy. When McDonald was *yelling* at me to relax (of all things) she actually kept yelling "We are having such a hard time making people relax today!!" On top of that, her diagnosis and treatment she recommended seems very suspicious. Again, when she asked me about my skin, and I told her my symptoms, she actually said "I don't believe you." DO NOT waist your time with this person unless you want to walk out 3 hours late feeling degraded and disrespected.

April 26th, 2011

Her fund of knowledge, surgical skills and education are superb and unparalleled. If you want quality go see Dr. McDonald. Its worth the wait.

April 19th, 2011

Never, Never go to this Doctor.

I went to Dr. McDonald for a mole examination. Two nurses entered the room with her with a camera to take pictures before I had even been examined. She then began a humiliating examination where she poked and prodded me with no explanation to what she was doing. Her nurses drew circles around moles that they "thought" were bad moles. They took pictures and the Dr. then told me she had to remove them because they were cancerous. She just looked at them and assumed that they were precancerous. I had the moles removed - the Dr. and the nurses had an uncaring attitude. Following the removal of the moles - my family gasped at the huge incision places on my back. One place had 5 stitches and the other place had 7 stitches. The stitches and the incisions were crudely cut and sown up. Now, it is almost a year later, my back is severely scarred, to the point that I am embarrassed, ashamed, and humiliated by the scarring. By the way, I called the office to ask about the moles that were sent off to see if they were cancerous - which they were not - the office would not have called me to tell me this. So I am left with a surgery that should have never happened, horrible, sickening scars that cover my once beautiful back, and a feeling that something precious has been taken from me. Everyone that I show my scars to - shake their heads and tell me that I should sue this "doctor". Please head my advice and never allow this sadist person near your body. I wish someone had warned me.

March 9th, 2011

Very incompetent Office staff!

I called to schedule an appointment, they asked my insurance and insurance number. I gave them all of the information, then I even called two days before my scheduled appointment to be sure everything was still 'good to go' so to speak. The office staff said that it was and they shall see me in two days at 1pm. So I hired a babysitter , took off of work, and came in for my appointment only for the office staff to tell me 'we don't accept medicaid'! After I already asked multiple times if they did, and after I gave them my insurance, and card number. So why schedule an appointment for someone if your office doesn't accept medicaid? The office personel were very rude and made it seem like it was my fault that they scheduled the appointment knowing they don't accept the insurance I had. Very rude and 'holier than thou' attitude office, I did not get to meet Mrs.McDonald. I can only hope that she isn't as incompetent as her office staff. Never again

November 15th, 2010

VERY nice and professional

I would say her staff was very nice. Dr McDonald was also very nice and my time in her office was very pleasant. I would definantly recommend Dr. McDonald to other people.

October 23rd, 2010

I think Dr. McDonald is an excellent doctor with a wonderful staff. I would recommend her to my family and friends. She explained everthing to me in detail so i understood what my condition was and i appriciate that so much.

April 14th, 2017