Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Blackstone Valley Ob Gyn Inc
6 Blackstone Valley Pl
Ste 501
Lincoln, RI 02865
401-334-2229
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING/INSULTING,BARATING, NO CLUE, TRIED TO DEMORILIZE MY 84 YR OLD MOM!!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

wHAT A LOSER, NOT BAD BEDSIDE MANNER, no BEDSIDE MANNER. I tried to speak to him about my moms issues, as I am her caretaker, due to my moms terrible memory. Said"oh, you didn't take and Motrin or any thing for discomfort, as you didn't know that I've deciced to enter you uterus and cut out a few pieces of skin. " I stated, "I don't think so". Then his exact words were "well if you go to the hospital they are going to put you under, and thats a serious thing at your age." Well if he had any clue or if he could stop acting as if he were God's right hand man, he might have checked and seen that being put under has never been an issue for her. Then the most insulting and disgustingly wrong thing to say to a woman, his exact words were," If you have it done at the hospital, someones going to have to pay for it" Who is this clown to try to make my mother feel guilty for having insurance just like he does, but it's ok for him is someone else has to pay for his medical costs, and its ok to use on an elderly woman, to make her feel guilty, that the insurance she so deserves is paying for her well deserved cost, actually this arrogant "vet" just says, "well thats fine, I make even more money doing it at the hospital, get dressed and I'll have all the paper work ready for you to sign, so I will set it up for me to do it at the hospital" I don't think so, I helped her get dressed and we walked right passed him saying goodbye, letting him know politly that A Dr. will be doing whatever is needed, but not this uncareing, ignorant Dr., Oh I forget, he came in like rushing her to get undressed and called her by two other names that weren't even close to hers, it's very warm and comforting to be seeing a Dr. that is in such a rush, he can't read the chart that has the correct name on it, Who is Maria?? Ex-patient, ex-wife, or some else on his mind? READ all reviews and there are plenty of talented OBGYNs out there, if advised to see this has been, REFUSE before you, your own mother or daughter get subjective to his HORRIBLE interactions. My moms first thing she said to me in the car leaving was "He really scared me"

|  Not Very Professional  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Not a very good bedside mannerLikes to rush through appointmentsCan be rude at timesOffice staff very rude,Never organized,Appointment is never on time!

|  Disgusted.  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

Do not I repeat., do not see this Dr. I had the happy experience, or what should have been, with my good Friend. As soon as he walked in he didn't even greet her. Belittled her for gaining a few pounds during the week in her pregnancy , didn't even greet me or look my way. I've heard sooooo many stories or his rude, arrogant bed side manner, two stories of one patient dyin in his care and one misdiagnosed. He needs to be reviewed and have his license taken away. He is a miserable human being, and NO one should have the misfourtune of having to be in his care.

Jun 16th, 2012

He is very arrogant with no bed side manners a bit belittling too! He does not go out of the way for you and almost makes you feel like he is doing you a favor!!

|  Defensive and just plain rude  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I had an issue happen on a Friday afternoon that was really quite scary. I was told they were too busy and to call back Monday. I asked if I should go to ER and their response was, "if you feel like it". I went to urgent care and they sent me immediately for a transvaginal ultrasound. It revealed that I had large fibroids and should follow up with OB and gave me medication for pain. The urgent care physician called me the next day to see how I was feeling. She even called me on Sunday to tell me my blood test results!! Now that's a good doc!!When I saw Dr. Penkala on Monday, he was so rude about me going to urgent care and his staff talked to me like I was $&@;. He had always been nice up until then. I never had any issues. But I'll never go back, either.

|  Horrible doctor almost let me die!!!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Penkala should turn in his license to practice medicine! I was 27 weeks pregnant (had felt ignored the entire way through my pregnancy) when I started bleeding and was told unless I was gushing blood I was fine. I also gained almost 70 lbs of water and couldn't breathe. When he was not doing anything about it I switched doctors. At 28 weeks my new doc. sent me to the emergency room after taking one look at me and I delivered my baby at 1 lbs 14 oz (she had stopped growing weeks before!) and I almost died with a failing liver and kidneys and blood pressures of 209/125!!! Even the books told me I had preeclampsia before this doctor did! Fortunately me and my daughter both made it and we are both healthy today.. no thanks to dr. Penkala

|  NO WAY JOSE  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Penkala and his staff are horribly rude and dismissive. They are judgmental and uncaring, and are clearly in it for the paycheck and not for the patient care. This was my first visit, and Dr. Penkala berated and belittled me WHILE I WAS IN THE STIRRUPS!! 4 months after my pap, I still didn't receive the results, only to receive a call from my PCP advising of them! Horrible business practices. I'm MUCH more comfortable at Planned Parenthood, picketers and all.

Mar 31st, 2011

kind, gentle and knoledgeable

Aug 18th, 2010

my first time ever going to the ob gyn i was like 13 and scared out of my mind. dr. penkala made it soooo much better..not. it hurt so bad to the point where i was balling my eyes out. and he didnt even care. he also was very rude and disrespectful. make sure you see molly, she is so much better.

Jul 6th, 2010

I have been a patient of the office for over 12 years now and have never had an issue with the staff, PA, or doctor. I find that he takes the time to answer questions. I had to go in for a biopsy in the office which I was very nervous about and he actually eased my anxiety about it.

|  Never Again!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2009

Although his PA is wonderful, when I actually had to see him, he is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered! Rude, no beside manner and does not follow up after a procedure.

|  Extremely rude and arrogant doctor  |  show details
by Aftab Gojwari on Nov 27th, 2008

This doctor looks and talks like a thug. I don't know where and how they give MDs to people like him. Don't go to him and if you already are seeing him, change your doctor. Very rude and arrogant. He yelled and disrespected me numerous times while I was accompanying my wife during her appointments. I wish I would have been able to slap this mofo but I had to hold back because of my spouse and the situation she was in.