Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 24th, 2015

Dr Penkala is a great doctor and he is always willing to help. He has been in my family from my grandmother to my mother and now me. Each one of us thinks of him as an amzaing doctor.

patient show details patient
by patricia ballou on Jan 12th, 2015

Dr.Penkala has been my OBGYN for 23 years. He has delivered 3 out of my four children. all my pregnancy birth were fabulous he comes across very serious but gets the job done he has times where he needs to be serious after all I would want him to be. I've also had two surgeries with him and both times he was fabulous the office staff are fantastic robin is my favorite.they are very attentive when you call with a problem they call you back or Dr Penkala calls back.Waiting in the waiting room I always tried to think of one day I might be the reason the office is running late so I tried to be compassionate in regards to other people after all we all know when your in labor your in labor...

customer service training needed show details customer service training needed
Nov 7th, 2014

The office staff needs to learn a little customer service skills. If they know its going to be a long wait, don't let a patient sit there for 45 minutes and then say "well the doctor isn't here and we don't know when he will be back". I was also told my due date wrong twice!! Dr. Penkala has little patience and understanding for first time mothers. When i would ask questions his answers would be short. He had made me feel that calling him would be an inconvenience. The staff member Robin is sweet, knowledgeable and great with patients. And Ann, the nurse practitioner, is so thorough with every visit. I call her my encyclopedia. Wish i didnt feel rushed during every prenatal visit, as I would use this office again.

Not Very Professional show details Not Very Professional
Oct 30th, 2012

Not a very good bedside mannerLikes to rush through appointmentsCan be rude at timesOffice staff very rude,Never organized,Appointment is never on time!

Disgusted. show details Disgusted.
Jul 7th, 2012

Do not I repeat., do not see this Dr. I had the happy experience, or what should have been, with my good Friend. As soon as he walked in he didn't even greet her. Belittled her for gaining a few pounds during the week in her pregnancy , didn't even greet me or look my way. I've heard sooooo many stories or his rude, arrogant bed side manner, two stories of one patient dyin in his care and one misdiagnosed. He needs to be reviewed and have his license taken away. He is a miserable human being, and NO one should have the misfourtune of having to be in his care.

Jun 16th, 2012

He is very arrogant with no bed side manners a bit belittling too! He does not go out of the way for you and almost makes you feel like he is doing you a favor!!

Defensive and just plain rude show details Defensive and just plain rude
Mar 19th, 2012

I had an issue happen on a Friday afternoon that was really quite scary. I was told they were too busy and to call back Monday. I asked if I should go to ER and their response was, "if you feel like it". I went to urgent care and they sent me immediately for a transvaginal ultrasound. It revealed that I had large fibroids and should follow up with OB and gave me medication for pain. The urgent care physician called me the next day to see how I was feeling. She even called me on Sunday to tell me my blood test results!! Now that's a good doc!!When I saw Dr. Penkala on Monday, he was so rude about me going to urgent care and his staff talked to me like I was $&@;. He had always been nice up until then. I never had any issues. But I'll never go back, either.

Horrible doctor almost let me die!!! show details Horrible doctor almost let me die!!!
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Penkala should turn in his license to practice medicine! I was 27 weeks pregnant (had felt ignored the entire way through my pregnancy) when I started bleeding and was told unless I was gushing blood I was fine. I also gained almost 70 lbs of water and couldn't breathe. When he was not doing anything about it I switched doctors. At 28 weeks my new doc. sent me to the emergency room after taking one look at me and I delivered my baby at 1 lbs 14 oz (she had stopped growing weeks before!) and I almost died with a failing liver and kidneys and blood pressures of 209/125!!! Even the books told me I had preeclampsia before this doctor did! Fortunately me and my daughter both made it and we are both healthy today.. no thanks to dr. Penkala

NO WAY JOSE show details NO WAY JOSE
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Penkala and his staff are horribly rude and dismissive. They are judgmental and uncaring, and are clearly in it for the paycheck and not for the patient care. This was my first visit, and Dr. Penkala berated and belittled me WHILE I WAS IN THE STIRRUPS!! 4 months after my pap, I still didn't receive the results, only to receive a call from my PCP advising of them! Horrible business practices. I'm MUCH more comfortable at Planned Parenthood, picketers and all.

Mar 31st, 2011

kind, gentle and knoledgeable

Aug 18th, 2010

my first time ever going to the ob gyn i was like 13 and scared out of my mind. dr. penkala made it soooo much better..not. it hurt so bad to the point where i was balling my eyes out. and he didnt even care. he also was very rude and disrespectful. make sure you see molly, she is so much better.

Jul 6th, 2010

I have been a patient of the office for over 12 years now and have never had an issue with the staff, PA, or doctor. I find that he takes the time to answer questions. I had to go in for a biopsy in the office which I was very nervous about and he actually eased my anxiety about it.

Never Again! show details Never Again!
Jan 5th, 2009

Although his PA is wonderful, when I actually had to see him, he is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered! Rude, no beside manner and does not follow up after a procedure.

Extremely rude and arrogant doctor show details Extremely rude and arrogant doctor
by Aftab Gojwari on Nov 27th, 2008

This doctor looks and talks like a thug. I don't know where and how they give MDs to people like him. Don't go to him and if you already are seeing him, change your doctor. Very rude and arrogant. He yelled and disrespected me numerous times while I was accompanying my wife during her appointments. I wish I would have been able to slap this mofo but I had to hold back because of my spouse and the situation she was in.