Dr. Jan Penvose-Yi MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Oceanside, CA

2.9

March 10th, 2016
Very unprofessional staff. While the Dr. may be qualified (though she does not wear a lab coat), there were an abundance of mistakes made when ordering tests that I needed to have done. When you don't feel good (having pain), you want your Dr. and their staff to be move things along as quickly as possible. The office staff made excuses such as, "We are very busy today and I'm the only one working the desk". They did not apologize or seem sympathetic, and the only response the Dr. had was "We'll fix it" (and it still didn't get fixed the next day and I had to call them back AGAIN!). LONG story short, I ended up switching doctors because I definitely do NOT want a staff/Dr. this disorganized to be performing my surgery.

September 17th, 2013
Superior Doctor
Dr Penvose-Yi has been nothing short of exceptional and quite frankly her staying on top of my health care... saved my life , she treated me like family I never felt rushed . My husband as well is quite impressed with every aspect of her care for me ... and he researches everything!

October 1st, 2012
Definitely Not Recommended
It's difficult to get an appointment, the office staff is rude, the waiting time is long, and she ignored my symptoms until it became so bad I ha ...

September 30th, 2012
Bad Experience
I couldn't get through to her while I was ill and, as if a bad situation couldn't get worse, the staff was downright nasty.

September 28th, 2012
Okay for annuals but not if you're ever sick
I usually just go in for routine exams. When I was experiencing abnormal symptoms and moderate-severe pelvic pain I had difficulty getting an appointment. When I finally did get in to see her (a week later) she scheduled me for a test a month later... A month? Okay, I guess she just assumed it's all right to crawl around in pain for a month. Who needs to walk, right? Jeez. She's friendly and nice, but if you ever get sick you're going to be in trouble. I'm looking for a new gyn ASAP so this doesn't happen again.