Dr. Jan Peterson II MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Indianapolis, IN

3.1

December 27th, 2014
Staff does the doctoring . He canceled appointment but forgot to notify me. Very inconsiderate . I changed doctors after that.

December 21st, 2011
Compassionate Doctor
My husband & I were patients of Dr. Zietlow and transferred to Dr. Peterson based on the staff's recommendation. My first experience was actually before Dr. Zietlow left and Dr. Peterson was on call. My husband was unstable after surgery and Dr. Peterson stayed at the hospital (in a snowstorm)until he stablized. At the point, I was certain we had made the right decision to stay. Dr. Peterson guided my husband and I during his final months on earth and directed us to a hospice program when the time was right. Yes, he can be abrupt...when that is what is called for, yet he is a caring and compassionate individual and physician. It takes time to get to know each other and that's what all good doctor and patient relationships require. I highly recommend Dr. Peterson.

August 29th, 2011
Dr. Peterson is an excellent doctor. The staff has improved since he moved to new office. He takes time and did the most complete physical I ever had. Bedside manner dry at times, just seems like he's concentrating and opens up the more you get to know him. He spends alot of time and does seem to care about valid concerns. I would trust him with any of my concerns and any of my family.

May 5th, 2011
Miss Dr. Carey Zietlow
Started with Dr. Zietlow and LOVED HIM.Great Physician!!!!Then he moved on to better position with hospital. Got the Dr on staff with Southside Adult Medicine. Tried Dr. Peterson for a couple of years - not impressed at all. No bedside manner. Internist ? Only asked for blood tests. Never did a physical, and was a diabetic, didn't even EVER ask to look at my feet. Maybe other clients like the 'all business' but I want the 'caring and what more can I do for you' and 'WE can get thru this together' attitude.

January 28th, 2011
Very poor bedside manner. No personality. Very abrubt. Felt like I was putting him out.

November 20th, 2010
Thourough Doctor
A bit hard to get to know but an excelent doctor. I like him well enough that I had my husband start going to him.

May 5th, 2010
Do Not See This Dr
I spent 2 years seeing Dr. Peterson, and never felt that he cared about my concerns. He would waver back and forth about what to do for me. His bedside manner can be very abrupt and not at all reassuring. I would not recommend him to anyone.

April 5th, 2010
Staff
Horrible staff. Simply requested a call back regarding an illness from the nurse and the people who answered the phone were rude and snippy and UNHELPFUL. Forced to leave a message on the 'triage' line and NEVER received a call back. I had to call again before closing time only to be treated poorly again. Going to find another Dr. with a staff more capable and compassionate

May 10th, 2009
A little slow to get to know, but seems like an OK guy